Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Build errors while trying to debug OSCAR in Qt on Windows 10 [resolved, see Post #19]
RE: Build errors while trying to debug OSCAR in Qt on Windows 10.
Success! I can confirm that Sawinglogz's solution works for me too. Thanks heaps.
Post Reply Post Reply
I note, however, that BUILD-WIN.md also says that if you select “Git from the command line and also from 3rd-party software,” you will need to install Gawk separately, so I assume that this is what I must do now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2020, 10:50 PM)Scarmen Wrote: I note, however, that BUILD-WIN.md also says that if you select “Git from the command line and also from 3rd-party software,” you will need to install Gawk separately, so I assume that this is what I must do now.

No, that should not be necessary.  Deploy.bat should accommodate either having gawk or not having it.

Code:
:::
::: If gawk.exe is in the PATH, use it.  If not, add Git mingw tools (awk) to path. They cannot
::: be added to global path as they break CMD.exe (find etc.)
where /q gawk.exe || set PATH=%PATH%;%ProgramW6432%\Git\usr\bin

Originally, a separate installation of gawk was required, but only because I was used to that (I've used awk for decades).  But I later modified the deploy file to see if gawk.exe was in the PATH.  If it is, it is used.  Otherwise the one that comes with git is used.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2020, 10:56 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: No, that should not be necessary.  Deploy.bat should accommodate either having gawk or not having it.

BUILD-WIN says that "The deployment batch file assumes that gawk.exe is in your PATH, so either add c:\\Program Files (x86)\\gnuwin32\\bin to your PATH or copy the executables to some other directory already in your PATH."

(04-23-2020, 10:56 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: [code]:::
::: If gawk.exe is in the PATH, use it.  If not, add Git mingw tools (awk) to path. They cannot
::: be added to global path as they break CMD.exe (find etc.)

Reading the above, I definitely will not be adding the Gnuwin32 folder to my PATH, or I'll just keep getting build errors.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am sorry about the glitches in the BUILD-WIN.md file.  I really had to fumble my way to creating a reliable Windows build environment, in the lack of any existing documentation.  I apparently didn't clean up everything in the build documentation after I got it working reliably.  Fortunately, sawinglogz is updating the documentation.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Build errors while trying to debug OSCAR in Qt on Windows 10 [resolved, see Post #19]
No worries. This is the sort of thing I used to do professionally. Reproducibility was an essential feature of our work, and boy is it easier now that we have VMs and snapshots!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,388 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 311 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Windows 10 sleeper2460 2 747 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Is it possible to build OSCAR in Qt-Creator? JEMH 4 481 10-20-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: JEMH
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,491 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
  SD Card errors/OSCAR....all new to me TomWii 11 1,492 09-23-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 833 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.