Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Building OSCAR
RE: Building OSCAR
Hi!

I simply grabbed the sources off gitlab and did a build. went without a hitch.

Since I've previously run SleepyHead in the same VM, I didn't even have any missing dependencies.

Only problem was, as it turned out, a VirtualBox issue, where the "preferred" VBox video setting presents a blank screen for some of the screens. with experimentation, found out that it works fine by just switching Oscar to software graphics instead of hardware.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry if this question should be elsewhere, but this is kind of related to this subject so add this here.

Do you know what would be the correct way to add OSCAR with all translations to the Arch based distro?

There is AUR for OSCAR but as a new user I can't add link, unless this works... aur.archlinux.org/packages/oscar-git/

But if you look at comments section there's no translations available if installed that version. Also with Manjaro Cinnamon with dark theme (Mint-Y-Dark-Teal) there are no visible text at buttons when at create profile section, but I've got profile created so that's not problem anymore, just add this as information).

Anyway I've never built anything on Arch base and never been part of maintaining any builds for debian or ubuntu either, so I was thinking that if you could give some information / help since maintainer of that AUR says that:

"...proper fix is to create a pull request for the OSCAR-repo with a shell script to build for Arch (or arch-based).
Another solution is to add the script here to this packaging to copy the needed files.
I'll happy accept any patches as I don't have time to fix this in the near future."

Hope you can help with this, thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I have no clue, at all, about Arch. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  error building OSCAR from source: unknown warning option timpani 20 2,085 03-11-2022, 12:50 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Building OSCAR Ubuntu 20.04 happydreams 37 3,206 11-11-2021, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  New computer - back to building OSCAR happydreams 12 1,340 01-28-2021, 11:15 AM
Last Post: happydreams
Question OSCAR not building on Linux Manjaro Cattaur 6 1,368 12-06-2019, 06:07 AM
Last Post: delta
  Building SleepyHead on Linux archangle 38 17,187 04-09-2016, 12:40 PM
Last Post: happydreams

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.