Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Building SleepyHead on Linux
Building SleepyHead on Linux

"Note: Mark, the author of SleepyHead, has updated the code and the process here may not work.
Read the whole thread for updated info. We may have an updated process later.

- 03/31/2016 - Archangle"

I've recently built SleepyHead on Linux.

Here's my notes on the build.

YMMV with different linux distributions.

How I just built the Linux version of SH.

From a fairly virgin Mint 17.1 32 bit cinnamon distribution.

------

$ sudo -i

# apt-get install libqt5serialport5
# apt-get install git
# apt-get install qt5-qmake
# apt-get install qt5-default
# apt-get install libqt5webkit5-dev
# apt-get install libqt5serialport5-dev
# apt-get install g++
# apt-get install libudev-dev

exit from sudo

# exit

Go to your home directory and create a directory for SleepyHead.
Or put it somewhere else if you want to.

$ cd
$ mkdir shbuild
$ cd shbuild

$ git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/sleepyhead/code sleepyhead-code

$ cd sleepyhead-code

$ qmake
$ make

Executable is shbuild/sleepyhead/SleepyHead

---------

Depending on the distribution you use, you might need to pull some other packages.

Here's a script I made.

---------

#/bin/bash

sudo apt-get install libqt5serialport5 git qt5-qmake qt5-default libqt5webkit5-dev libqt5serialport5-dev g++ libudev-dev

mkdir shbuild
cd shbuild

git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/sleepyhead/code sleepyhead-code

cd sleepyhead-code

qmake
make
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
BrokenGL build for Linux
You may get an error about needing the "BrokenGL" version, depending on your hardware.

If you need to build the "BrokenGL" version for Linux, put

DEFINES+=BrokenGL

on the end when you do the qmake step.

i.e.

qmake DEFINES+=BrokenGL

If you've already built without the BrokenGL, you'll need to force make to rebuild things. There's probably a smarter way, but I THINK

make -B

would rebuild everything.
Useful links.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Building SleepyHead on Linux
BTW, there will be a ton of error messages and warnings during the build processes above. My compiled version still ran.

There are also a lot of debug messages that come out to the console when you run the executable. Mine still runs OK.
Useful links.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are building SH with QtCreator (the first recommendation), you don't get to add to the qmake line (AFAIK). So I added a file called BrokenGL as suggested, but it wouldn't build the BrokenGL version until I changed line 18 in the file _sleepyhead.pro_ from
contains(DEFINES, BrokenGL) {
to
exists(BrokenGL) {

Now all is well and I can read all the Daily Report graphs.
Of course I could have added the _DEFINES += BrokenGL_ bit to the beginning of the sleepyhead.pro file... but I had already added the BrokenGL file to the directory - which the comments said was required...

So, two ways to make a BrokenGL version for those of us with old graphics cards.

BTW, my clue that I needed the BrokenGL version was that most of the text in the Daily Report page was solid black blocks. Now if I could convince QtCreator to do a BrokenGL... Cool

Excellent software, I'm glad I found it and the ApneaBoard.

Phil
Post Reply Post Reply
I went ahead and added a link to this thread on the SleepyHead Interim Download Page, here:

http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH2/

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
@PHolyNyk: (1) I see you are using a ResMed AirSense 10 and yet you mention the SleepyHead software. I just got an AirSense 10 two days ago (much older Respironics REMaster Pro M series for 4 to 8 years before that (broken usage time period, hence weird year designation)). I was looking at SleepyHead, and it doesn't mention being compatible with the ResMed AirSense, so I wasn't going to set up the software. What gives? Do you use the software now, or was that an older usage, with a previous machine?

(2) Your avatar makes me wonder if I know you from MobileRead? Even your username seems similar ..... Or is it just a coincidence that you picked a photo that somebody over there uses too? I haven't loaded my Xena piccy here yet .... I just joined here.

Deb aka bgDeb
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2015, 04:17 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: @PHolyNyk: (1) I see you are using a ResMed AirSense 10 and yet you mention the SleepyHead software. I just got an AirSense 10 two days ago (much older Respironics REMaster Pro M series for 4 to 8 years before that (broken usage time period, hence weird year designation)). I was looking at SleepyHead, and it doesn't mention being compatible with the ResMed AirSense, so I wasn't going to set up the software. What gives? Do you use the software now, or was that an older usage, with a previous machine?

(2) Your avatar makes me wonder if I know you from MobileRead? Even your username seems similar ..... Or is it just a coincidence that you picked a photo that somebody over there uses too? I haven't loaded my Xena piccy here yet .... I just joined here.

Deb aka bgDeb

Hi bgD (2) yep, it's me. I seem to be spending more time here than there while I get used to my new machine Oh-jeez

(1) The latest beta versions support the AirSense - 0.9.8-1-testing -- I think there are versions for Windows and Mac already built, but I needed a Linux version for broken GL -- hence the earlier note.

Small world, eh?

Phil
Post Reply Post Reply
Indeed, small world! It's nice to meet a friendly "face" whom I already recognize. Smile And thanks for the tip that the software does work. I'll install it after all!

I love my AirSense 10 after only 2 days. My only "adjustment" is to the face straps on my mask system. If I don't find an over-the-head position which loosens their tension, I may ask for the "Him" version, assuming the elastics are longer. I'll give it another few days first. Are you new to CPAPs as a whole? (Or shouldn't I continue this thought, in this thread?)

bgDeb
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2015, 05:19 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: Indeed, small world! It's nice to meet a friendly "face" whom I already recognize. Smile And thanks for the tip that the software does work. I'll install it after all!

I love my AirSense 10 after only 2 days. My only "adjustment" is to the face straps on my mask system. If I don't find an over-the-head position which loosens their tension, I may ask for the "Him" version, assuming the elastics are longer. I'll give it another few days first. Are you new to CPAPs as a whole? (Or shouldn't I continue this thought, in this thread?)

bgDeb

you should start a thread... alternately there are several old ones discussing the elastic on the P10 Airfit... (his is not bigger than hers - you can stretch, or alter if needed or choose a more adjustable mask)
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried a build on Mint a while ago and found a few bugs; times were out of whack, and the reports were missing data that the Windoze version provided. Really didn't have time to dig too deep - had new machine so was more interested in seeing data than doing something resembling my day job.

Wound up running the BrokenGL version in WINE as an interim. Ideally would like it to run on my primary desktop (currently Ubuntu.. yeah, yeah, I know..). Will give these instructions a crack when time permits.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 806 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 120 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What version of Linux for my Chromebook? bluetangle127 1 432 10-26-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 668 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
  o2 insight pro on linux Jim Vader 10 1,388 08-16-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: data01
  OSCAR for Ubuntu Linux "blocked and dangerous" edgreenberg 3 737 07-17-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: edgreenberg
  Feature Request - OSCAR Linux rammjet 3 627 07-09-2023, 09:04 PM
Last Post: rammjet

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.