Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Building SleepyHead on Linux
RE: Building SleepyHead on Linux
(Sorry ... I wasn't intending a conversation about the mask straps. It was the "how are you doing with your CPAP journey; and are you just starting the journey?" that I wasn't sure was appropriate as a sub-topic here. Wasn't sure how strict the topicality rules were.) Anyway -- thanks, y'all -- great forum! I'll check out the software.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2015, 02:24 PM)archangle Wrote: I've recently built SleepyHead on Linux.

Here's my notes on the build.

YMMV with different linux distributions.

How I just built the Linux version of SH.

From a fairly virgin Mint 17.1 32 bit cinnamon distribution.
Thanks
Works almost perfectly in Mint 17.1 64 Mate
Sizing of the window is a little funky but not a big deal.
No longer have to open Vbox7 to use SH
archangle thanks again!
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
Does Sleepyhead work on ResMed AirSense 10?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2015, 09:33 AM)ttexan Wrote: Does Sleepyhead work on ResMed AirSense 10?

As far as I can tell, it works very well. There are a couple of problems with exporting CSV files, and the Overview has some minor quirks, but they are unrelated to the AirSense 10. You probably won't encounter them in day to day use, in any case.

I have found it extremely useful in monitoring and guiding my improvement.

Phil
Post Reply Post Reply
I've just (October 2015) built a version on Bunsen Labs (afaik an otherwise vanilla Debian Jessie install, using open box as its window manager) using the notes on this thread (installing all packages as described - although some were already installed) and from the Wiki. The Wiki suggests downloading QT-SDK from the QT website, but I can report that for my build, the packaged version (sudo apt-get install qtcreator, after installing qt5-default) worked ok. They are probably reasonably up to date given Jessie's recent release.

I installed qtcreator from package source and used that (using Wiki instructions) rather than the qmake command line as described in the first post above - the Wiki's concerns about other requirements, and my impatience to get it up and running being key here!

As far as I can tell from 5 minutes exploration - it has found the data (where the old packaged sleepyheadblah.deb couldn't), and is displaying useful information - when I can read the advice on interpretting it.
The screen does seem to jump around occasionally - but I can live with that.
Thanks all
KS
Post Reply Post Reply
I think qtcreator is needed for doing debug or updating the program itself. The process above should work fine if all you want to do is build the program and run it.

Installing qtcreator is another path to building the program.

Whatever works for you.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Strange; I am using Ubuntu 15 and got SH working a while ago. It stopped working so I got a fresh git pull and recompiled. Now I get the dreaded incompatible hardware error message. I tried building the BrokenGL version and STILL get the same error.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gross 
(10-14-2015, 11:35 PM)SleepyDude Wrote: Strange; I am using Ubuntu 15 and got SH working a while ago. It stopped working so I got a fresh git pull and recompiled. Now I get the dreaded incompatible hardware error message. I tried building the BrokenGL version and STILL get the same error.

Same here. I get the error, without recompiling! Updated to Ubuntu 15.10 from 15.04. Ran SleepyHead perfectly on 15.04. On version 15.10 I get:

Incompatible Graphics Hardware
! This build of SleepyHead requires OpenGL 2.0 support to function correctly, and unfortunately your computer lacks this capability.

You may need to update your computer graphics drivers from the GPU makers website.

blah, blah, this build will now exit.

My computer and graphics worked perfectly well before. I have OpenGL2.0. Still do. My graphics driver was: nvidia-340-updates 340.96. It is now nvidia-352-updates, 352.63.

Obviously something changed in Ubuntu - and the file(s) or interfaces that SleepyHead looks for changed or has moved.

I'd like SleepyHead to work again. It is an invaluable tool. There is nothing like it around. Actually it is awesome. I don't know how to heap on any more superlatives.

Anyone have a suggestion? I'm having SleepyHead withdrawal symptoms. More seriously, I wanted to look at the last 5 days of data, since I was having progressively worse sleep quality. And now I find I can't even open the program any more. Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2015, 03:13 PM)happydreams Wrote: Anyone have a suggestion? I'm having SleepyHead withdrawal symptoms. More seriously, I wanted to look at the last 5 days of data, since I was having progressively worse sleep quality. And now I find I can't even open the program any more. Sad

Did you try building the "BrokenGL" version? The secret words are listed earlier in this thread.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2015, 07:10 PM)archangle Wrote:
(11-20-2015, 03:13 PM)happydreams Wrote: Anyone have a suggestion? I'm having SleepyHead withdrawal symptoms. More seriously, I wanted to look at the last 5 days of data, since I was having progressively worse sleep quality. And now I find I can't even open the program any more. Sad

Did you try building the "BrokenGL" version? The secret words are listed earlier in this thread.

I have not yet. Why would a previously working OpenGL2 system fail? SH did work on my 15.04 system. My hardware hasn't changed, my GPU hasn't changed. But the OS did bump a version. So I suppose it is possible it might fix it. I'll try it. I can't even hazard a guess how this will go. Will report back.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 969 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 269 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What version of Linux for my Chromebook? bluetangle127 1 458 10-26-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 701 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
  o2 insight pro on linux Jim Vader 10 1,452 08-16-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: data01
  OSCAR for Ubuntu Linux "blocked and dangerous" edgreenberg 3 779 07-17-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: edgreenberg
  Feature Request - OSCAR Linux rammjet 3 652 07-09-2023, 09:04 PM
Last Post: rammjet

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.