Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Building a platform for my machine
Building a platform for my machine
I sleep underneath a loft bed and usually put the machine on a box on the floor next to the bed.  Often the machine gets in the way and I'd like to build a platform in the corner of the loft to hold it.  So I am just looking for building ideas.  I have access to power tools but am an absolute beginner.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Building a platform for my machine
You could buy an inexpensive nightstand. You then drill holes in the back to allow for power and air hose routing.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead and OSCAR
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Second-hand furniture stores or thrift stores often have good quality used nightstands for very reasonable prices, and many times, it's the solid hardwood stuff that was made back when quality was valued, not the cheap particle board, plastic IKEA junk we often find in stores these days.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply
building a simple box is easy. hinged top or flipped over to set the machine on. plans & videos for practically anything can be found on the internet. free & used furniture can be had at garage sales, certain trading websites & for sale apps. alternatively, a single board could be screwed or otherwise fastened to one of the horizontal braces between the bed legs.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(12-15-2019, 04:50 PM)sheepless Wrote: building a simple box is easy. hinged top or flipped over to set the machine on.  plans & videos for practically anything can be found on the internet. free & used furniture can be had at garage sales, certain trading websites & for sale apps. alternatively, a single board could be screwed or otherwise fastened to one of the horizontal braces between the bed legs.

Right I'm thinking just get a solid piece of wood, reclaimed or otherwise.  Round the corners and sand the side then get L brackets and attack that to the loft bed.  A fold up hinged platform sounds like a much better idea nd Ill have to think about that.
Post Reply Post Reply
The nightstand idea is a good one. I have my machine sitting atop a heavy-duty, 4 narrow drawer, metal file cabinet. The top of the cabinet is the same height as our top bed mattress. 

I have some of the Rubbermaid grippy stuff that is used in drawers. The stuff really holds onto what is placed on it. No way will my machine slide off of the file cabinet. 

I have a back lit clock, as well as a nightstand light on it. The cabinet is about 10" from the side of my bed. Very easy to get to. Inside the top drawer is my Sig-Sauer P250C .40 cal. pistol. That's just in case of uninvited, late night guests.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2019, 05:26 PM)SorryIamNormal Wrote: A fold up hinged platform sounds like a much better idea nd Ill have to think about that.

You can buy a pair of shelf brackets that allow the shelf to fold down and out of the way.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(12-16-2019, 02:38 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 05:26 PM)SorryIamNormal Wrote: A fold up hinged platform sounds like a much better idea nd Ill have to think about that.

You can buy a pair of shelf brackets that allow the shelf to fold down and out of the way.

So sort of like those L shaped bookshelf brackets but hinged?
Post Reply Post Reply
search hinged shelf bracket for example images.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well, I'm building a new computer justMongo 14 2,851 12-27-2014, 11:59 AM
Last Post: justMongo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.