Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Built SleepyHead for Ubuntu, having trouble. Help here?
Built SleepyHead for Ubuntu, having trouble. Help here?
HI all, I'm new to the Apnea board, and new to SleepyHead also.

I use a ResMed AirSense cpap and recently switched from a full-face mask to a nasal pillow.

I used SleepyHead for only a few weeks, on a Windows Virtual Machine. unfortunately, the windows VM went belly-up and I'm tired of trying to resurrect it, after spending many hours on it.

Being a Linux user anyway, I decided to create a VM with Ubuntu Linux --apparently SleepyHead as been successfully built on an earlier version of Ubuntu. but that build is too old to work on contemporary versions.

So, I built it (some problems, but not insurmountable) and it starts right up and is able to import data.

HOWEVER, none of the graphs appear, just a big black spot on the screen. Switching from OpenGL to software rendering makes no difference. But SleepyHead thinks it has drawn the graphs, because moving the pointer around in the black area changes the text in the bar at the bottom of the window.

I'm stumped, don't know how to contact JediMark, am hoping someone here can offer some helpful advice.

thanks in advance!

I'll upload a screenshot to: 
"https://www.dropbox.com/s/33wd75799az493w/SleepyHead.png?dl=0"

well no I guess I won't, the board won't let me post links 'cause I'm a new user. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Built SleepyHead for Ubuntu, having trouble. Help here?
Just use the image attachment feature as described in my signature; organizing and attaching images. Also lose the monthly calendar and pie chart as described in Organizing Sleepyhead images.  This looks a  lot like an Open GL problem, but if not, you might want to try the older version 1.0.0 Beta 2 linked at the top of the page.

[Image: p.png?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You didn't specify which version of SleepyHead you're running.  If it is version 1.1.0, try changing the graphic engine.  Go to File->Preferences->Appearance and change from Desktop OpenGL to Software Engine.

Let me know if you are running a different version.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, its 1.1.0-beta-<something>. I've disabled the GL renderer and it makes NO DIFFERENCE.

where do I find the sources for 1.0.0?

I can't run the Ubuntu binary from the downloads page because it is too old for a modern Ubuntu.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are using an up to date Ubuntu, you may be able to find SleepyHead in its Software Center. I can check in the morning.

BTW, Debian Stretch has version 1.0.0 in its main repository.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lo and behold! SleepyHead is in the 18.04 repos! Who'd a thunk it!

It installs fine!

but I'm not sure it is working fine. So far I've tried importing 3 times and it always hangs at 99% after a long time. I mean hours. If I kill it and restart it claims "I can haz data?"

so I'm trying one more time...

if this doesn't work I'll try the Windoze version in Wine (I already have wine working on this VM for other purposes).

Has anyone here tried SleepyHead in Wine? I might be the first! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah. I stumbled over this thread:

Sleepyhead Version 1.1.0 TESTING Beta

where I found that the Beta Ubuntu binary posted there is working. So I'm going to go onward using it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 217 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  Trouble scrolling in a zoomed graph window. morningstar 2 492 09-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  OSCAR for Ubuntu Linux "blocked and dangerous" edgreenberg 3 779 07-17-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: edgreenberg
  Unable to install Oscar on ubuntu 22.04 BrassCat 2 813 05-17-2023, 07:19 PM
Last Post: BrassCat
  [split] Trouble Finding Viatom/Wellue Data wayneb64 4 586 01-17-2023, 12:15 PM
Last Post: wayneb64
  Is built-in oximeter data compatible with OSCAR? farnsy 25 4,981 12-20-2022, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Update Oscar 1.2.0 to 1.4.0 on Ubuntu 18.04 mcman56 2 624 09-26-2022, 04:47 PM
Last Post: untoutseul05

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.