Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night on Sefam S.box
RE: First night on Sefam S.box
From your wave forms, it looks like you have some obstructive apneas and hypopneas but far more central hypopneas. Centrals are when the airway is clear but your brain doesn't send your lungs the message to breathe. Pressure or flex adjustments won't fix that. afaik the recommended treatment for centrals is to get a different, more advanced machine. Check other posts about central apneas to see what others have done, and discuss with your dr
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

Thanks for your replies.  I have reviewed my footage, oxymeter data and waveforms after looking further into it. I expected centrals when I first took the watchpat as thats what it feels like when Im falling asleep, just not breathing,  and many are as im falling asleep from this segment of data. 

From the footage I can see I stop breathing as the camera pics up exhaled air in the mask and it correlates with all the data. 

Hopefully I will get a full nights data tonight to see what is most problematic

The watchpat came back with pAHI 2.1 and pRDI 9.7 but no centrals
Post Reply Post Reply
Same again last night unfortunately. Cheeks filling up so that I have to let some air out of my mouth and this wakes me up in the end. I taped too and only open my lips slightly keeping tongue in position. Think I will have to get a full face mask.

My settings are-

4.5-7.5 (Anything over 7.5 makes me fill up too bad but will try increasing with full mask) 
I noticed it only took me up to 6 night before last anyway when it was sat to a max of 10. 
It doesnt seem to increase the pressure during my FLs, is it supposed to?
Comfort control plus 3 (Similar to EPR I believe)

Again having lots of centrals on sleep onset. I dont think its due to cpap itself as this was a concern of mine before the sleep study. It also flag obstructives at the same time, are they mistakes or am I having them too?

Does FL mean flow limitations? I'm assuming id be seeing more of those once asleep if I didn't have cpap as my study showed 9.7 per hour so I seem to seeing some improvement. Do you know what SNG means? I've looked everywhere but cant find anything on that.

Also attached flow rate of the centrals to see if the obstructives are a mistake and flow rate of flow limitations to see if there are any clues as to why it happens as I've seen here people figuring that out from the flow rate.

Im still researching as much as I can to understand all this myself. I see lots about oscars flow rates, would it be similar conclusions for the Sefam?

Thank you!

Attached Files
.pdf   Drinkell, Rebecca - Waveforms - 20231024@23H59_3h3min.pdf (Size: 234.65 KB / Downloads: 3)
.pdf   Central flow.pdf (Size: 562.59 KB / Downloads: 3)
.pdf   Flow fl.pdf (Size: 563.26 KB / Downloads: 3)
Post Reply Post Reply
This looks odd just before the centrals when asleep. 

Right best get to work instead of procrastinating on here!

Attached Files
.pdf   Flow before central.pdf (Size: 562.67 KB / Downloads: 4)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 144 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,311 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doubting my Sefam S.Box Irish2024 1 383 01-06-2024, 07:03 AM
Last Post: dbcpap
  [Equipment] Philips Dreamstation 1 vs Sefam S.Box (S Box, SBox) dbcpap 6 1,469 12-01-2023, 06:00 AM
Last Post: DrJelly
  New to CPAP - on week 4 of 6 week trial - Any Sefam S.Box users out there? Kingsway 14 1,833 07-26-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: dbcpap
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 879 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 932 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.