Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Burning Smell?
RE: Burning Smell?
I have the same issue, but with a brand new Resmed AirSense 11 machine.  It smells like burning plastic or an electrical smell. This is true with or without water. I have just contacted Performance Home Medical about it.  Haven't heard anything yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a ResMed [i cannot find a model number-only device number 410], and I get a burning smell when my water tank runs dry.  I only use distilled water and clean the unit according to spec. My concern is that the smell is exactly like a non-stick fry pan when it gets overheated.  If it is the same material it could be toxic.  I cannot find any reference to the material used in the metal surface of the water tank.  If anyone can provide that information with reference it would be greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
The base of the humidifier chamber is uncoated stainless steel. The smell is from residue that remains after water has evaporated. You may start with distilled water, but when you pull hundreds of liters of air across the surface, atmospheric contaminates will remain in the water.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I am new here and also woke to a burning smell with my ResMed 10. It smelled like burnt plastic. I see this is an old post but was wondering if anyone has uncovered the issue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New car smell months later dkmk 4 263 04-15-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,964 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,924 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Solvent smell coming from new Airsense 11 ducknoir 22 7,456 03-06-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Teddyg
  [CPAP] Sweet morning smell..... H2Daddy 12 8,931 10-24-2023, 12:23 AM
Last Post: fly by night
  Burning irritation from head gear Xltrod 0 467 10-13-2022, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Xltrod
  Resmed Climateline tubing smell wenfroed 21 7,787 10-08-2022, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.