Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bus Tour of Europe
Bus Tour of Europe
I am taking a 28 day, 12 country bus tour of Europe in the spring. I have a Resmed S9 Autoset with an i5 heated humidifier. I am looking for any pointers I can get for this trip. I have a power adapter for Europe. We are staying in 4* hotels so I assume plug-ins should be available. Any pointers you can give me would be appreciated. Things like using distilled water in the humidifier or needing extension cords come to mind. This is my first trip to Europe.[/size][/font]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bus Tour of Europe
Adapter, distilled H2O, extension cord -- sounds like you have it covered.
No need to tell you to not move it with any water in the chamber.

The UK uses a different adapter than continental Europe. 2 round prongs for 240V 50 cycle on the continent.
3 prong in the UK. Most UK outlets are required to have an on/off switch -- so, be sure to turn on the outlet.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rairs9,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
Hope you have a nice time on your bus tour.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2014, 10:53 AM)rairs9 Wrote: I am looking for any pointers I can get for this trip.
Money and lots of it, and watch out for pickpockets in some places
Bon Voyage

Make a list of all items you need to pack so you don't forget to pack them. Spare filters, hose, mask, cushion, etc, and a copy of your prescription, in case if you have to buy something in a hurry, things can get lost, damaged or stolen
Post Reply Post Reply
Suggestion: surge protector instead of a plain extension cord/power strip. Power can fluctuate and lighting can strike anywhere, regardless of locale.

Happy Travels!
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the ideas people. Someone on another post mentioned a power brick. Is that what we would call a power bar or surge protector?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2014, 07:17 PM)rairs9 Wrote: Thanks for the ideas people. Someone on another post mentioned a power brick. Is that what we would call a power bar or surge protector?
No, power brick is the power supply
Surge protector http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surge_protector
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] CPAP on rails in Europe jmac862 2 579 06-26-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: jmac862
  [Equipment] Shout-out to HDM support, even in Europe DocVadr 1 2,054 10-25-2019, 03:29 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Online shops in Europe meetra 1 929 09-21-2019, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Flying in Europe with full size APAP SteadyAir 16 2,954 07-21-2019, 05:10 PM
Last Post: StevesSp
  Traveling to Europe Perchdoctor 8 3,760 09-03-2018, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Zorki1c
  Cpapstore in the EU, anyone from Europe know if you can trust? Maldo 0 1,336 10-24-2017, 03:24 AM
Last Post: Maldo
Question EUROPE: Best sites with used CPAP equipment ??? djrem3000 4 1,518 06-07-2017, 07:44 AM
Last Post: djrem3000

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.