Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Buy Supplies From Us or Return Machine
Buy Supplies From Us or Return Machine
Hi, I'm back.

This is an interesting development. Had a call today from my supplier's billing department. Was an issue with the final payment, which apparently didn't include the humidifier, the filters, etc. They also were trying to charge me for tubing and a mask. We went around five times until I started to question why so much more than when I paid the last statement three weeks ago, which still had not posted. Eat-popcorn

I have already determined to purchase my supplies from Amazon because of the cost savings. I argued that I had not purchased nearly $300 worth of these supplies because I could a ton of money doing so on my own. Was told to either fulfill my contract to purchase these supplies from them, or they would require the return of the machine.

I said, sure. Come and get it. :grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Buy Supplies From Us or Return Machine
welcome back
before you buy anything, check Supplier #2
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Post Reply Post Reply
It is paid for. They cannot take it. I signed to purchase, not to rent. They want it back, they can buy it back.

She kept asking where I was purchasing my supplies, and I just said that was none of their business.
Post Reply Post Reply
You know, my first DME I used for a short time -I had no opinion of their service. The second DME was excellent. I had to go back to the first and found they are the most disorganized, arrogant (when I pointed out they hadn't billed me since April they really got on their high horse.Duh) and unknowledgeable people I have ever seen. They will give you any answer to get you off the phone. The tried to tell me I could use only them for supplies- Medicare says as many as I want that take Medicare. I need to read the contract again. I just scan them because if you don't sign you don't get the machine. Gave it back.
Good luck,
Mary
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting, Duckdog and zimlich, because of the differences between your experiences with DMEs and what's happened with mine. I've never been asked to sign a contract or anything like that with the DME, nor has the DME indicated to me that they expected or required me to return to them for all future supplies. After the initial sleep study, the sleep doc asked me which DME I'd like, and since I didn't know one from another, he gave me some names. I picked one, and that's where he sent my Rx for the initial machine. Five years later, after a second titration, the new sleep doc asked me the same question, and I told him that I would stay with the DME I had selected earlier. So, that's where he sent my new Rx. Again, no contract was signed. The only paperwork I recall signing were the invoices to show that I received the product(s) from the DME.
Does this mean I'm just super luck or something else, I wonder?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds kind of suspicious to me!
Good Luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2012, 11:34 PM)Duckdog58 Wrote: <SNIP!>
Was told to either fulfill my contract to purchase these supplies from them, or they would require the return of the machine.

I said, sure. Come and get it. :grin:

Duck,

Just refer them to the Federal Trade Commission and tell them to clearly state their monopolistic business practices to your case agent and that after they make a ruling you'll be sure to ONLY buy from them in the future! Dielaughing

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that I was just dealing with an less than top notch employee. When I started questioning what had been paid and what hadn't, she had to (I could hear the tapping on the keyboard) log into her computer and bring my account up.

I am less than enamored with this machine, so if they want it back they can come and get it. :lol: Just be sure to refund my insurance company and I.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tell them to put it in writing so you can report them to the state medical board.

Or tell them that you're "recording this conversation for quality assurance purposes."

BTW, Wyoming is a single party consent state, so you can record your own conversations without consent of the other party anyway.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 154 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 275 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 871 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 376 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 389 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,576 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Where to send unused/unopened CPAP supplies? highrateleaker 1 524 11-25-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.