Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Buying CPAP from overseas
RE: Buying CPAP from overseas
(12-19-2013, 09:26 AM)rayks Wrote: Only thing is you have to find shipping options as most companies will not ship outside US.
Hi rayks
FYI, suppliers #2 and #10 ship outside US
Suppliers List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2013, 09:26 AM)rayks Wrote: I did exactly what you are suggesting. I'm in Singapore. A Resmed S9 auto set costs USD$2300 here, and sadly it's made in Singapore. In the US it cost less than US$900. Most shops I came across were difficult to communicate with, largely because of email and time difference. I found a really good one with LIVE CHAT so I could talk and liaise with them in real time. The prescription part wasn't so difficult. Go to the American board of sleep medicine and look for a certified doctor where you are.
I got the one in Singapore to write me a prescription, which I emailed to the place I bought my S9. All accepted and now the prescription is on file. Only thing is you have to find shipping options as most companies will not ship outside US. Pm me for more details if you're need any
More help
Thanks rayks, more valuable information for the novice.
Good luck with your journey.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
How did the sleep study go on Saturday night Gabby?
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...5#pid53015
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gabby & others, I haven't been on this site for a while so I thought I'd take a peek and came across your posting by accident.

I would like to help. I'm from Australia and bought my CPAP device from the USA Feb 2014 with no trouble at all. The CPAP device was a ResMed S9 AutoSet with a H51 Humidifier and ClimateLine. I paid a little over US$1,000 for the device and freight was around US$160, which in total, is well below Australian prices for the same product. There was no GST to pay as the CPAP is a medical device (customs confirmed that no GST is payable on medical devices). The supplier where I bought this device is, however, not listed on the supplier list.
Before deciding to buy the ResMed S9 AutoSet I trialled one for two months with a couple of different masks. I've had no trouble at all with this device and the ResMed FX Nasal mask. When I took delivery, I set the pressures to the specifications that were applied during my trial period.

Hope this was helpfulSmile
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2013, 01:19 AM)TigerBoy Wrote: The supplier where I bought this device is, however, not listed on the supplier list.
Hi TigerBoy
It would be good to know another source, could you please tell us the name the supplier. You won't be breaking any rules by naming the supplier (for example ABC CPAP) but not include dot com after he name or or link to their site

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi zonk,
The name of the US supplier where I purchased my machine is: CPAPBLOWOUTS (hope I'm not breaking any rules by mentioning the name). I took delivery about a week after placing my order.

In my previous post I must correct a little error. I bought the device Feb 2012 (not Feb 2014 - sorry).
Post Reply Post Reply
I think Supplier #2 is great. (A link to Supplier List is given at top of all Apnea Board pages.)

(12-15-2013, 05:11 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Gabby, … if you are renting the Escape for 2 months, it maybe better to do that first and see how you go rather than lashing out and buying a more expensive machine straight up. You will still be able to see your hours of usage and AHI on the screen …

Actually, the standard Escape reports only hrs of use; it does not report AHI. In contrast, the Escape Auto reports AHI and hrs of use (but nothing more).

Also, the S9 Escape Auto uses the older (not "enhanced") AutoSet Algorithm used by the S8 AutoSet, rather than the "Enhanced AutoSet Algorithm" used by the S9 AutoSet.

(12-15-2013, 05:36 PM)Lukie Wrote: If you are willing to take the risk there are many perfectly good CPAP machines for sale on http://nh.craigslist.org/ . Many people try cpap for
a few months and give up and then try to sell their brand new machines so you can get a machine for $200. But it is somewhat of a risk. You do not need a prescription for craigslist.

But remember: If using Craigslist, NEVER send money or give financial info (like credit card info or bank acct info) to a seller. Should only buy locally so seller can show you the merchandise, and you may want to ask for a demonstration that the machine is in working condition.

I bought a used S9 AutoSet using Craigslist, for $300. Worked out okay. (But please understand that you probably should know what the machine should look like, should meet at a public place with electricity available in case you would want to test the machine, and shouldn't accept at face value anything the seller tells you.)

(12-19-2013, 09:26 AM)rayks Wrote: Go to the American board of sleep medicine and look for a certified doctor where you are.
I got the one in Singapore to write me a prescription, which I emailed to the place I bought my S9.

If buying from USA, I think any Medical Doctor can write the prescription -- does not need to be a sleep doctor.

Take care,
-- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2013, 01:19 AM)TigerBoy Wrote: Hi Gabby & others, I haven't been on this site for a while so I thought I'd take a peek and came across your posting by accident.

I would like to help. I'm from Australia and bought my CPAP device from the USA Feb 2014 with no trouble at all. The CPAP device was a ResMed S9 AutoSet with a H51 Humidifier and ClimateLine. I paid a little over US$1,000 for the device and freight was around US$160, which in total, is well below Australian prices for the same product. There was no GST to pay as the CPAP is a medical device (customs confirmed that no GST is payable on medical devices). The supplier where I bought this device is, however, not listed on the supplier list.
Before deciding to buy the ResMed S9 AutoSet I trialled one for two months with a couple of different masks. I've had no trouble at all with this device and the ResMed FX Nasal mask. When I took delivery, I set the pressures to the specifications that were applied during my trial period.

Hope this was helpfulSmile
Thanks TigerBoy, Sorry for late reply. Yes, your comment is helpful as all people's replies are. I have already sourced my gear but shall keep your merchandiser for future shopping. Glad you are sorted.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Vsheline, sorry have only just come across your comments. I haven't been getting notifications. I am just about sorted but shall keep all this information for future reference. Thanks so much for taking the time to be of help.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 696 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,530 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 818 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,981 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
Question [Equipment] Buying Used ResMed "Floor Demo Model" - Limitations? tehsygi 11 1,083 05-29-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Quick Question - Worth Buying ASV If Tweaking CPAP Isn't Working? Apnea23 3 638 04-18-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Buying used vauto with replaced motor? fishfinderG 1 577 12-06-2022, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.