Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed p10 nasal pillows
Humidifier: Humidair (set on 6)
CPAP Pressure: 8.2-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Buying CPAP online from the U.S.?
Hi Everyone, first time poster here... I've just been diagnosed with sleep apnea and I've been trialling a resmed airsense 10 autoset for a couple of weeks now with a fair degree of success. I've read in a few places that people have bought machines online from the states, however each of the websites I've looked at seem to require a prescription and/or they won't ship outside the U.S..

Given the big cost savings, I'm just hoping that someone on here could perhaps point me in the right direction? I've used the search function on here but haven't found anything unfortunately. Thanks so much in advance Smile
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2015 01:33 AM by tml678.)
08-11-2015 01:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Buying CPAP online from the U.S.?
there have been a few members from outside the United States that have purchased machines online and they should be able to help you with how they did it
08-11-2015 02:19 AM
tml678 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 autoset

Other Comments:

Thanks ME50. I forgot to factor in the exchange rate, after doing so, and taking into account my private health rebate of $800, there actually isn't that much difference, if any, hence I'll probably endeavour to pick up an Australian machine if I can. Much appreciated Smile
08-11-2015 02:31 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

Hi tml678 and welcome aboard
Suppliers #2 and #10 ship outside US http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List

They might ask for the prescription or might not, prescription is mandatory in US, not in Australia
Talk to them to find out, from Supplier #10 ...
Q) I am an international customer, do I need to submit a copy of my prescription to order?
A) It is not required, however we encourage you submit the prescription so the devices may be programmed to your settings.

In any case, they'll accept the prescription from your doctor providing its written in English, otherwise an authenticated translation will do
08-11-2015 02:35 AM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

(08-11-2015 02:31 AM)tml678 Wrote:  Thanks ME50. I forgot to factor in the exchange rate, after doing so, and taking into account my private health rebate of $800, there actually isn't that much difference, if any, hence I'll probably endeavour to pick up an Australian machine if I can. Much appreciated Smile
In that case, you're better off buying the machine locally with the extended warranty

Masks, cushions, and other stuff worth buying on-line, quite expensive in Australia and not covered by insurance
08-11-2015 02:39 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

you may want to check out supplier 2 as they have the same machine you are trialing for $825 or thereabout and that includes the accessories.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2015 02:43 AM by me50.)
08-11-2015 02:40 AM
hkterry Offline

New Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 4 - 20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Before AHI = 53, after using CPAP AHI = 0 to 2

(08-11-2015 01:32 AM)tml678 Wrote:  Hi Everyone, first time poster here... I've just been diagnosed with sleep apnea and I've been trialling a resmed airsense 10 autoset for a couple of weeks now with a fair degree of success. I've read in a few places that people have bought machines online from the states, however each of the websites I've looked at seem to require a prescription and/or they won't ship outside the U.S..

Given the big cost savings, I'm just hoping that someone on here could perhaps point me in the right direction? I've used the search function on here but haven't found anything unfortunately. Thanks so much in advance Smile

Hi

I bought the aforesaid model and have been using it for 3 moths, this machine is very good and I am using the nasal pillow. My AHI from 53 now down to less than 1, 3 times to 0. Sleep-well Full face mask when air leaking the sound wake me up and it was found not good for me. For the machine , you can buy this from USA and do not need a prescription. Try to visit this site [direct commercial DME link removed. Please refer to site as 'Supplier #10' from the forum Supplier List]

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
08-11-2015 03:16 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
tml678 Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

Thanks everyone for the really helpful replies! Hkterry - my AHI was 22 during the study, now down to ~1-1.5. I'm also using the nasal pillows and while I like them over the idea of a nasal or full face mask, I find my nostrils are a little sore in the morning, and I suspect I'm mouth breathing somewhat..but I'm hoping that will ease over time (and with a little pawpaw..) me50 - I'll definitely check out #2, thanks again everyone!
08-11-2015 04:01 AM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

(08-11-2015 02:40 AM)me50 Wrote:  you may want to check out supplier 2 as they have the same machine you are trialing for $825 or thereabout and that includes the accessories.
With the downfall of the Aussie dollar against the US dollar and adding shipping costs
Not attractive any more to buy the machine from US for an Aussie with private health insurance
It might work cheaper buying the machine in Australia and claim the rebate from insurance
Rebate does not apply to machines purchased from overseas
Also, no need to ship the machine back to US for any warranty issues. In Australia, the price include 2 year warranty with additional 1 year warranty free upgrade when you join ResMed SleepVantage club and you can purchase additional 2 years, 5 years warranty in total
08-11-2015 05:58 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
tml678 Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

(08-11-2015 05:58 AM)zonk Wrote:  
(08-11-2015 02:40 AM)me50 Wrote:  you may want to check out supplier 2 as they have the same machine you are trialing for $825 or thereabout and that includes the accessories.
With the downfall of the Aussie dollar against the US dollar and adding shipping costs
Not attractive any more to buy the machine from US for an Aussie with private health insurance
It might work cheaper buying the machine in Australia and claim the rebate from insurance
Rebate does not apply to machines purchased from overseas
Also, no need to ship the machine back to US for any warranty issues. In Australia, the price include 2 year warranty with additional 1 year warranty free upgrade when you join ResMed SleepVantage club and you can purchase additional 2 years, 5 years warranty in total

Thanks Zonk, I probably will end up buying locally, however, Supplier #2 does have some really good prices and I could get a new 'open box' machine + all accessories shipped to Aus for ~$1100, which would be a saving of around $400. The downside of course being the warranty issue should something go wrong. The same supplier also has 'lightly used' (whatever that means..) machines for around $700 AUD (+ accessories)..worth thinking about perhaps?
08-11-2015 06:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 85 15,231 11-21-2016 10:26 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  HELP BUYING AN ASV MACHINE Johnny Bravo 16 902 11-01-2016 03:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  DME or Online? EnigmaGrey 6 387 10-09-2016 10:31 AM
Last Post: TonyJ
  Online suppliers clipper 9 444 07-23-2016 12:02 AM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  New to all this. Apria vs. Online? jgoole 18 1,464 07-15-2016 10:40 AM
Last Post: nzbnate
  [CPAP] Local Provider vs. Online CPAP BigDaddySnooze 15 926 07-10-2016 05:06 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Purchasing APAP machine online cate1898 8 730 06-14-2016 04:45 AM
Last Post: Mutineer