Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Buying CPAP online from the U.S.?
Buying CPAP online from the U.S.?
Hi Everyone, first time poster here... I've just been diagnosed with sleep apnea and I've been trialling a resmed airsense 10 autoset for a couple of weeks now with a fair degree of success. I've read in a few places that people have bought machines online from the states, however each of the websites I've looked at seem to require a prescription and/or they won't ship outside the U.S..

Given the big cost savings, I'm just hoping that someone on here could perhaps point me in the right direction? I've used the search function on here but haven't found anything unfortunately. Thanks so much in advance Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Buying CPAP online from the U.S.?
there have been a few members from outside the United States that have purchased machines online and they should be able to help you with how they did it
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks ME50. I forgot to factor in the exchange rate, after doing so, and taking into account my private health rebate of $800, there actually isn't that much difference, if any, hence I'll probably endeavour to pick up an Australian machine if I can. Much appreciated Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tml678 and welcome aboard
Suppliers #2 and #10 ship outside US http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

They might ask for the prescription or might not, prescription is mandatory in US, not in Australia
Talk to them to find out, from Supplier #10 ...
Q) I am an international customer, do I need to submit a copy of my prescription to order?
A) It is not required, however we encourage you submit the prescription so the devices may be programmed to your settings.

In any case, they'll accept the prescription from your doctor providing its written in English, otherwise an authenticated translation will do
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2015, 02:31 AM)tml678 Wrote: Thanks ME50. I forgot to factor in the exchange rate, after doing so, and taking into account my private health rebate of $800, there actually isn't that much difference, if any, hence I'll probably endeavour to pick up an Australian machine if I can. Much appreciated Smile
In that case, you're better off buying the machine locally with the extended warranty

Masks, cushions, and other stuff worth buying on-line, quite expensive in Australia and not covered by insurance

Post Reply Post Reply
you may want to check out supplier 2 as they have the same machine you are trialing for $825 or thereabout and that includes the accessories.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2015, 01:32 AM)tml678 Wrote: Hi Everyone, first time poster here... I've just been diagnosed with sleep apnea and I've been trialling a resmed airsense 10 autoset for a couple of weeks now with a fair degree of success. I've read in a few places that people have bought machines online from the states, however each of the websites I've looked at seem to require a prescription and/or they won't ship outside the U.S..

Given the big cost savings, I'm just hoping that someone on here could perhaps point me in the right direction? I've used the search function on here but haven't found anything unfortunately. Thanks so much in advance Smile

Hi

I bought the aforesaid model and have been using it for 3 moths, this machine is very good and I am using the nasal pillow. My AHI from 53 now down to less than 1, 3 times to 0. Sleep-well Full face mask when air leaking the sound wake me up and it was found not good for me. For the machine , you can buy this from USA and do not need a prescription. Try to visit this site [direct commercial DME link removed. Please refer to site as 'Supplier #10' from the forum Supplier List]

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for the really helpful replies! Hkterry - my AHI was 22 during the study, now down to ~1-1.5. I'm also using the nasal pillows and while I like them over the idea of a nasal or full face mask, I find my nostrils are a little sore in the morning, and I suspect I'm mouth breathing somewhat..but I'm hoping that will ease over time (and with a little pawpaw..) me50 - I'll definitely check out #2, thanks again everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2015, 02:40 AM)me50 Wrote: you may want to check out supplier 2 as they have the same machine you are trialing for $825 or thereabout and that includes the accessories.
With the downfall of the Aussie dollar against the US dollar and adding shipping costs
Not attractive any more to buy the machine from US for an Aussie with private health insurance
It might work cheaper buying the machine in Australia and claim the rebate from insurance
Rebate does not apply to machines purchased from overseas
Also, no need to ship the machine back to US for any warranty issues. In Australia, the price include 2 year warranty with additional 1 year warranty free upgrade when you join ResMed SleepVantage club and you can purchase additional 2 years, 5 years warranty in total
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2015, 05:58 AM)zonk Wrote:
(08-11-2015, 02:40 AM)me50 Wrote: you may want to check out supplier 2 as they have the same machine you are trialing for $825 or thereabout and that includes the accessories.
With the downfall of the Aussie dollar against the US dollar and adding shipping costs
Not attractive any more to buy the machine from US for an Aussie with private health insurance
It might work cheaper buying the machine in Australia and claim the rebate from insurance
Rebate does not apply to machines purchased from overseas
Also, no need to ship the machine back to US for any warranty issues. In Australia, the price include 2 year warranty with additional 1 year warranty free upgrade when you join ResMed SleepVantage club and you can purchase additional 2 years, 5 years warranty in total

Thanks Zonk, I probably will end up buying locally, however, Supplier #2 does have some really good prices and I could get a new 'open box' machine + all accessories shipped to Aus for ~$1100, which would be a saving of around $400. The downside of course being the warranty issue should something go wrong. The same supplier also has 'lightly used' (whatever that means..) machines for around $700 AUD (+ accessories)..worth thinking about perhaps?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,545 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  Anyone interested in starting an online self-help video chat for people with SA/UARS? JamesD0079 0 346 10-26-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 818 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  best canadian online cpap stores? is cpap outlet legit ? michelbeaini 1 1,189 07-03-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Online sleep physicians who use OSCAR ? stevelk9999 19 1,731 06-13-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,985 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.