Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Buying CPAP without prescription
Buying CPAP without prescription
At what point does Supplier #2 ask for a prescription? I can get all the way to Paypal checkout? Do they contact me after purchase to verify?

I went solo (no prescription) due to a rough sequence of events, and I want to buy a different machine (one that is not currently available through Craigslist, Amazon). Any other ideas on where I can buy a CPAP? I'm looking for the Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP (the brick/not Autoset)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Buying CPAP without prescription
Do you know that you can switch off APAP in the A10 Autoset? It can do fixed-pressure mode, same as the A10 CPAP model.
Post Reply Post Reply
In my experience of buying CPAPs online: The online-DME will have a notice on their website that says they need a prescription. I've seen checkboxes that say something like, "Check one box: 1) I already emailed a prescription and you have it on file, 2) I will email a prescription so you can have it on file". And, either way, they sell/ship you the equipment and you are on an honor system to send in a copy of the scrip.

If you do send the the scrip in advance, they can (if you request it) configure the CPAP for you. Otherwise you need to get into the clinician mode to do it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am only assuming that once PayPal switches you back to Supplier #2 site for completion of order, is when you may have to show a script.  They may hold the machine otherwise.

My question is...why do you want to buy a “brick”?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2019, 01:49 PM)Fats Drywaller Wrote: Do you know that you can switch off APAP in the A10 Autoset?  It can do fixed-pressure mode, same as the A10 CPAP model.

Yes, I know. I am having issues with FOT (forced oscillation technique - used to identify an OA vs. CA) waking me up throughout the night. FOT is still used even when CPAP mode is enabled on the Autoset. The only machines that do not have central apnea detection and hence no FOT are the Airsense CPAP & Airstart CPAP, and it can be disabled in the Aircurve 10 VAuto.

I started a whole thread on this issue here, so don't want to start a whole new discussion on the topic on this thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
The easiest way is to just watch Craigslist. That's what I've been doing and I've seen some great deals from people who tried them and just couldn't get used to them (or people who have passed on). 
If you're squeamish like me, just remind yourself that hospitals reuse ventilating equipment every day and CPAP machines seem to be easy to sterilize. 
Either way, I feel for you. I bet it's easier to buy opioids or steroids online without a prescription than it is to buy a cpap machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can buy new from Supplier #33 at a lower price and no script.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a sleep study report, “healthsqyre” will provide you with a script.
Commercial Link Removed.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I just checked Supplier #33 and read that they will not ship to USA unless they have a prescription.
Post Reply Post Reply
Call and ask
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 119 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 696 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,526 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  Prescription settings AfibApnea 12 792 11-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: AfibApnea
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 982 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 818 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,981 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.