Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Buying Machine From Amazon
RE: Buying Machine From Amazon
(04-30-2017, 12:50 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: I think this just goes to show how corrupt the insurance *business* and healthcare *business* is. Makes me wonder how much it actually costs to produce/manufacture a xPAP.

My cost-share through my insurance is about the same as (but a tad less than) what it costs on Amazon.  If my insurance required compliance, I would've opted to just buy from Amazon (since it's about the same price).

In Hong Kong, there is no insurance to cover. You need to pay for full cost of the machine. I suspect some local DME dealer just buy the device from Amazon or online CPAP store and sell you in high price. There is no local warranty over here.  If any defects found, the dealer will send back the machince to US to repair on behalf of you.

This is a great profitable business !!

This is the reason why I am happy with the price in US DME store.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies everyone. Seems like I'll probably go the Amazon route when it comes time to buy one.

This forum has been an incredible source of information for me so far!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JD, I also got a quote of about 2300 from the sleep clinic and refused to go by that, even my insurance refused to accept a price over 1700. I ended up buying one from a Canadian supplier for 900 something, and insurance paid 80% of it. They were happy, I was happy, the sleep clinic...not so much. They said they couldn't help me anymore, so I've looked after my own therapy, but I could always go to the Provincial sleep clinic. Haven't found them of much help though, they told me they only needed me to come in once a year or so and they would only adjust my machine after I had rented one of their machines for a few weeks. Yeah, no, I'm good. With the help from this forum everything is working out just fine. Good luck with whatever choice you'll go with.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,605 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,196 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 819 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,986 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
Question [Equipment] Buying Used ResMed "Floor Demo Model" - Limitations? tehsygi 11 1,084 05-29-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Quick Question - Worth Buying ASV If Tweaking CPAP Isn't Working? Apnea23 3 641 04-18-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.