Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Buying Resmed 10 Autoset after bad sleep study
RE: Buying Resmed 10 Autoset after bad sleep study
(09-27-2018, 08:50 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The machine is not subject to pathogens. Put in a new filter, wipe the outside with a sanitizing wipe and you're good to go.  Do not try to open the machine.  I'll suggest you start at a minimum pressure of 6.0, maximum pressure of 14.0 and EPR set at 2. This is a wide range, and we can judge what needs done once we see some data.  Note that with EPR at 2 your minimum exhale pressure is 4.0. You do not want a lower minimum pressure, and you will likely need a higher one.  Good luck!

Edit: A couple other things to do. Reset the user data from the clinical menu and change Essentials from ON to PLUS to get more detailed menus and more therapy data on the user screens.  Make sure the SD card is wiped or format to FAT32.

Thanks Sleeprider. Ordered some filters for Saturday as well (are those subject to pathogens?). I will reset user data and wipe the SD card to prepare for my data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do new hoses & masks have to be washed with soap & water straight out of the bag?
Post Reply Post Reply
I use new hoses and masks straight out of the packaging. I am not bothered by the smell that new plastics give off (kind of like a new car), but other people are. There is no sanitary reason to wash. Filters are not a source of pathogens because they are just a dry filter surface. If you are concerned about where the machine got 150 hours, then changing the filter is the only thing to consider doing since there is nothing in the blower section to clean, and you are disinfecting or changing the humidifier chamber.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2018, 09:37 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I use new hoses  and masks straight out of the packaging. I am not bothered by the smell that new plastics give off (kind of like a new car), but other people are.  There is no sanitary reason to wash.  Filters are not a source of pathogens because they are just a dry filter surface. If you are concerned about where the machine got 150 hours, then changing the filter is the only thing to consider doing since there is nothing in the blower section to clean, and you are disinfecting or changing the humidifier chamber.

Nice, I'm looking forward to Saturday. I'll share the results here on Sunday.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent!
I'm very interested.
I shall start a new thread myself. I'm not sure I'm using my S9 Elite well. I bought it used.

Thehelp you are getting here is incredible. I wish I had your machine and this help to start.

Wish you good health and great success.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Very strange. Today my hospital updated my medical record to include the following problems: Witnessed episode of apnea, excessive daytime sleepiness, nocturia, parasomnia, psychophysiological insomnia, sleep-related bruxism, snoring. 

Now I’m wondering what that technician was smoking when he said my sleep study was unremarkable, so much so that he was watching the other guys data because it was so much more interesting.
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem is that "covered" sleep apnea is narrowly defined as more than 15 apnea and hypopnea (4% or greater O2 desaturations of greater than 10 seconds) per hour, or more than 5 per hour with documented fatigue, and other comorbidity. You could have chronically low oxygen and as long as it doesn't go down by 4% more it's not an event. There are many ways that extremely disruptive respiratory related arousals and sleep disturbances, don't meet the criteria for coverage, but are still significant problems. Your decision to basically give them the middle finger is what we are left with, when the medical bureaucracy is more about not paying claims than your health and well-being.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great. Now I’ll have these on my “permanent record” without receiving any benefit from insurance. If I ever have to get private insurance I’m sure that will be fun.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, Isuck...If I was you I'd get a copy of the report that made those conclusions, and I mean the whole report, not just the summary. I would sure want to know why those kinds of notes are being put into my medical record that can affect life insurance and health insurance rates, and besides; it's your right under HIPAA. It wouldn't surprise me if there is something useful in those records, and you always have the right to contest these additions and your denial of CPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2018, 08:50 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The machine is not subject to pathogens. Put in a new filter, wipe the outside with a sanitizing wipe and you're good to go.  Do not try to open the machine.  I'll suggest you start at a minimum pressure of 6.0, maximum pressure of 14.0 and EPR set at 2. This is a wide range, and we can judge what needs done once we see some data.  Note that with EPR at 2 your minimum exhale pressure is 4.0. You do not want a lower minimum pressure, and you will likely need a higher one.  Good luck!

Edit: A couple other things to do. Reset the user data from the clinical menu and change Essentials from ON to PLUS to get more detailed menus and more therapy data on the user screens.  Make sure the SD card is wiped or format to FAT32.

My new humidifier came early, so I'm going to start using this tonight with the Phillips nose pillows. A few questions on settings. Any suggestions on changing:
  • Response: Standard
  • Ramp time: Auto
  • Start Pressure: 4
  • EPR: On
  • EPR Type: Full Time
  • EPR Level 3
  • Humidity Level: 4
  • Accessories: Tube - Slimline? (The ClimateLineAir Oxy isn't a slimline right?)
  • Max Pressure 14; Min 6.

Ready to go!? I deleted all data. Formatted the SD card. New mask, hose, humidifier and filter. Do I need to setup a new user account or anything?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,369 Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 160 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,367 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 10 381 04-07-2024, 03:04 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 358 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 210 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 68 6,263 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.