Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Buying SD cards
Buying SD cards
OK, I'm cheap.

I want to buy a few SD cards for my S9 Autoset and my backup machine, a PRS1. About the lowest price I can find online is $12, including shipping, and brick and mortar stores are even more. I find that ridiculous for something that probably costs two bits to manufacture.

It also occurred to me to buy several dozen of them id I can get them for a buck or two each, and then mail them as gifts to people here.

Note: Posting links here is against the rules. Send me a private message if you know of someplace that will sell them cheap. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Buying SD cards
JJJ, if you go to this post I made in the Commercial Posts & Links forum, click on that link to Amazon and then change the type of SD card to 4 GB or 8 GB SDHC, and they're currently offering them for $5.95, free shipping for orders over $35, and free 2-day shipping if you have a Amazon Prime membership.

Not a buck each, but at least half the price of the $12 you mentioned.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I read on this forum, just the other day, that Resmed machines aren't compatible with the SDHC cards - only the standard SD. This may have changed with the new Airsense series. Regardless, because of the way the S9 manages data even a 2GB card will never fill up, so that's all you need.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2014, 10:40 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I read on this forum, just the other day, that Resmed machines aren't compatible with the SDHC cards - only the standard SD. This may have changed with the new Airsense series. Regardless, because of the way the S9 manages data even a 2GB card will never fill up, so that's all you need.

ResMed says S9 machines aren't compatible with SDHC. Quite a large number of us have used SDHC cards in S9 machines and only 1 or 2 people have found they don't work.

One think I've found over the years is that sometimes SD card A won't work with machine B, and there's often no particular spec that explains the difference. I've also found that high dollar name brands aren't necessarily any better. Also, SD cards have a fairly high failure rate over time.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I,m still using the same SD card that came with my S9 fours ago
The S9 SD card stores up tp 365 days of therapy and summary data, 30 days of detailed data and 7 days of flow data
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2014, 11:29 PM)zonk Wrote: I,m still using the same SD card that came with my S9 fours ago
The S9 SD card stores up tp 365 days of therapy and summary data, 30 days of detailed data and 7 days of flow data

I'm not worried that I will run out of room. I'm worried that it'll meet a grisly fate under my foot, or worse. I already lost one to an accident, and I want to have a spare on hand.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2014, 09:59 AM)JJJ Wrote: OK, I'm cheap.

I want to buy a few SD cards for my S9 Autoset and my backup machine, a PRS1. About the lowest price I can find online is $12, including shipping, and brick and mortar stores are even more. I find that ridiculous for something that probably costs two bits to manufacture.
. . .

Hi JJJ;
Several months ago, I bought several spare SD cards for my S9 thru Amazon. I got the SanDisk 2GB standard SD card. The first buy I got 2 at about $6 each, The 2nd buy was more, around 8$. Today I went to Amazon, and ran the search "sd card 2gb". The SanDisk cards matching what I bought are now $20 each. But there are other choices:
Transend 2GB: $8.19
Verbatim 2GB: $8.72
Samsung 2GB: $4.49 (marked for Canon Powershot camera)
EP Memory 2GB: $6.52
A number of these have free shipping for orders over xx amount, or if you have Amazon Prime.

I alternate using 2 cards in my S9, the original, and one of the SanDisk cards. This way, if one of the active cards fails, I haven't lost all the current hi-res data. I keep directories with a series of SD card images, day by day. If I have to re-import data to ResScan for some reason, I can copy a saved image to an unused SD card, as ResScan will not import except from an actual SD card. So these extra cards have uses other than as pure spares.

Good luck - good hunting.

A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2014, 11:15 PM)archangle Wrote:
(09-19-2014, 10:40 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:

ResMed says S9 machines aren't compatible with SDHC. Quite a large number of us have used SDHC cards in S9 machines and only 1 or 2 people have found they don't work.

Make that at least three... SDHC no worka in de S9.... Have to buy SD at one or two GB...

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
Tiger and Newegg as well as Bestbuy routinely run these cards free after rebate with free shipping, that's how and where I get mine all the time.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 118 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,602 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  Data on 2 separate SD cards. Merge? eok361 21 880 12-11-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Compatible SD cards for ResMed AS11 suddenSomnolence 4 1,331 09-28-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 819 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,985 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.