Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Buying a machine?
RE: Buying a machine?
I have hired a ResMed S9 Auto ST machine and am looking to purchase. My original prescription was for use in S (spontaneous) mode only. After a week of that I felt worse than before I had the machine. After some research and talking to some ICU staff I adjusted my machine to ST (spontaneous/timed) mode and that made a world of difference. If I do not initiate a breath it will give me one after a 6 second delay.

What has me intrigued, and annoyed, is the huge price difference between an S and ST machine. Physically the two machines are identical. The difference is only in the software. A few lines of code to include a resetting timer. Why should that almost double the cost of a machine? If one were cynical, one could think it was due to price gouging.
Post Reply Post Reply
After a long hiatus with my S9 Autoset, I thought I would say a big thankyou! to those who helped me find a supplier, I have gone from an AHI nightmare of 78 down to less than 4(on a bad day) and I now average aroud 5-7 hours sleep! something I had not enjoyed for many years. A big plus also was losing weight after only 3 months on the machine, go figure? my diet didn't change so it must be because of my new sleep routine? So a big thanks all, and for other people looking for a retailer, I got my unit from [link removed] Supplier 1, saved just over a thousand dollars and it was delivered to my door in 4 days!

Cheers

Justin

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2015, 07:28 AM)Justin73 Wrote: I got my unit from [link removed] Supplier 1, saved just over a thousand dollars and it was delivered to my door in 4 days!

Cheers

Justin
Are you sure its Supplier #1
If not mistaken but maybe things have changed Thinking-about
They follow manufacturers rules which prohibit selling their products outside US
Post Reply Post Reply
If one have hospital extra or extra cover, depend on the insurance, machine rebates vary from $500 to $1000
Once you add shipping costs and currency conversions, better off buying the machine locally and claiming the rebate from your insurer
Plus the machine is covered with manufacturer warranty

Masks, cushions, hoses, water chambers, etc ... are different matter and insurance does not pay for them
They're very expensive in Australia
Post Reply Post Reply
Help please, oh please.

the CPAP online store I was eyeing to buy from is NOT even on the CPAP Suppliers list, not registered on BBB, not even Resellers.com.

The next suppliers I found were suppliers #1, #3, #14 and #15. "easybreathe" supplier is not on list, so i guess not reputable yet?

Can you help me find which suppliers above are most reputable? going to get an Airsense10.

Just found out about this site. This is my first post. I'm from Philippines. and I'm looking for a reputable online CPAP supplier. One that I can buy from online, have it shipped to a friend in LAX, so he can bring it with him when he comes home to Philippines.

The reseller here in Manila for an Airsense 10 is roughly US$2,000. for an S9 Autoset is about $1,900.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ponj68, welcome to Apnea Board

Each of the suppliers on our list has been recommended by at least one member of this forum. Having said that, we can't guarantee any of them and will not in any way be responsible if they let you down. There are suppliers who aren't on the list - it doesn't necessarily mean they aren't reputable, just that they haven't been recommended to us by our members.

Some of the suppliers on the list can only sell within the United States. I know that No 10 sells internationally and I've heard good things about them. Number 2 also sells internationally and offers good prices on "open box" and "gently used" equipment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2015, 07:11 AM)Ponj68 Wrote: Can you help me find which suppliers above are most reputable? going to get an Airsense10.

Just found out about this site. This is my first post. I'm from Philippines. and I'm looking for a reputable online CPAP supplier. One that I can buy from online, have it shipped to a friend in LAX, so he can bring it with him when he comes home to Philippines.

The reseller here in Manila for an Airsense 10 is roughly US$2,000. for an S9 Autoset is about $1,900.
Hi Ponj68
Not all US suppliers on the suppliers list http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List ship outside US but suppliers #2 and # 10 ship directly to your front door (no need for a middleman), I've used both with no problem. Machines prices are cheaper from Supplier #2 but they don,t sell masks parts separately, I get from supplier 10

Price list from supplier #2
New, Zero Hour (Open Box) ResMed S9 AutoSet and Accessories ... $699
New Factory Sealed ResMed AirSense S10 AutoSet with integrated Heated Humidifier with Climateline Air ... $825.00

You can get the clinical manuals and the software download from this board, give us a shout when you need them on the main forum http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-M...oard-Forum
Best of luck
Post Reply Post Reply
WOW! Thanks for the quick response! That narrows my online store choice immensely. Since this is my first mahcine, and to reduce complications of returns, breakage... etc, I'm buying a brand new machine. Have it delivered to a friend in Los Angeles, then he'll hand carry it when he comes home to Manila.

Had sleep test last week. first 2 hours was baseline without machine. Next 6 hours was with machine. they said that I slept like a baby. I woke up at 7am, wide-eyed. didn't get sleepy during the day. didn't get up twice a nice to pee (nocturia). All powered up. best sleep! went home, did some rounds on kettlebell and punching bag.

Before, i woke up late, still feeling tired, breakfast then back to sleep. my shift starts at 2pm.

Again, thanks. I'll update you once I get mine. really anxious to my machine.

Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got my brand new S9 Autoset with humidifier last Friday. From a local dealer here in Philippines. Priced almost same as online retailers in the US. Roughly US$890 comes with mask of my choosing (Ultra Mirage II).

Thanks to Apneaboard, I found how to make AHI numbers show on my LCD.

I was diagnosed with 93 AHI. Now, based on S9 i have 2.7 on day one and 0.7 on day 2.

Downloaded software from Sleepyhead. works perfect.

Thanks guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2015, 06:18 AM)Ponj68 Wrote: Thanks to Apneaboard, I found how to make AHI numbers show on my LCD.
You can get leak, pressure, apnea indexes from the long version of the sleep report
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Congrats on your new S9 AutoSet, I like it, just touch more than the AirSesne !0 AutoSet
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.