Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Buying a machine?
RE: Buying a machine?
Hey all, new to the forums, I too cannot believe that there is a $1000 difference in prices between the U.S and Australia Huhsign
My AHI is78 and I'm looking to buy an S9 Apap, but judging by the comments, it looks like I'm buying from the U.S. Don't get me wrong, I support Australian made whenever I can but I cannot justify spending an extra $1000 just to buy the unit here in Aus.

Cheers

Justin
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2014, 10:59 PM)Justin73 Wrote: Hey all, new to the forums, I too cannot believe that there is a $1000 difference in prices between the U.S and Australia Huhsign
My AHI is78 and I'm looking to buy an S9 Apap, but judging by the comments, it looks like I'm buying from the U.S. Don't get me wrong, I support Australian made whenever I can but I cannot justify spending an extra $1000 just to buy the unit here in Aus.

Cheers

Justin

I'm with you, think I'll be doing the same, the price differential on CPAP machines and supplies between the U.S. and Oz is nothing short of ridiculous. Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2014, 10:59 PM)Justin73 Wrote: Hey all, new to the forums, I too cannot believe that there is a $1000 difference in prices between the U.S and Australia Huhsign
If you have health insurance with extra cover or just extra cover, you can get some rebate $$$ for the machine provided the machine purchased from Australia but nothing if purchased from overseas
From Supplier #21 - S9 AutoSet (w/ Humidifier) .... Our Price $1625.00 AUD
This might work out close to US on-line prices, factoring the rebate, shipping costs and currency exchange rates

Also for any issues covered with manufacturer warranty, you have to ship the machine back to the place of purchase
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2014, 09:17 PM)zonk Wrote:
If you have health insurance with extra cover or just extra cover, you can get some rebate $$$ for the machine provided the machine purchased from Australia but nothing if purchased from overseas
From Supplier #21 - S9 AutoSet (w/ Humidifier) .... Our Price $1625.00 AUD
This might work out close to US on-line prices, factoring the rebate, shipping costs and currency exchange rates

Also for any issues covered with manufacturer warranty, you have to ship the machine back to the place of purchase

Thanks for the info Zonk. Unfortunately, my apnea is quite severe and as a result, the RTA in NSW suspended my licence., this resulted in me losing my job as a telco technician and forced me back on to centrelink, to say that I was furious would be the understatement of the century, so as a result, private healthcare is not an option.

Cheers

Justin
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Justin
RTA send me a form (medical report, sleep disorder) every year to be completed by the doctor assessing fitness to drive, once completed I take the form to RTA and they leave me alone until next year

You should be able to claim 'life support rebate' from your electricity supplier, this from AGL Gas:
http://www.agl.com.au/residential/help-a...tes-grants

Essential Medical Equipment Payment
http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer...nt-payment

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again Zonk, it's just a matter now of trying to save and buy a unit, that will take a while but I'll get there Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Justin
As you,re receiving a benefit from Centrelink and diagnosed with severe OSA, you might get CPAP from NSW health. I,m not sure how it works but talk to your doctor, there are some forms to be completed

You need to get treated as soon as possible, not only benefit your health and well being but also to get your driving license back and hopefully your job too. Have you looked into used machines, normally cheaper than new ones
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2014, 10:59 PM)Justin73 Wrote: it looks like I'm buying from the U.S. Don't get me wrong, I support Australian made whenever I can but I cannot justify spending an extra $1000 just to buy the unit here in Aus.

the painful irony is that the S9 VPAP sitting next to me was made in Australia... seems like they'd be cheap as chips down there.

perhaps y'all should form an angry mob and storm the company, demanding they quit screwing you over on price.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've recently been diagnosed with OSA, just picked up a rental S9 AutoSet to use for the next month but looking to purchase.

Question for those Aussies who have purchased an AutoSet online from the USA, what are the differences between US sold machines and Aust sold machines? Obviously the power cord but that is easy to overcome with an adapter. I'm assuming that the humidifier temp display is in fahrenheit rather than celsius? (can that be changed in the settings)

Anything else that I haven't thought of?

Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum, Crist
All machines are made by ResMed in different locations. I assume machines sold in Australia are made in Australia and machines sold in US are made in Australia or Singapore
You need US/AU plug adapter or get an S8 power cord from CPAP Australia which you can use instead the one comes with the machine

As for temperature, time/date, and other setting, you can change those as you see fit
All explained in the clinical manual which is available via Email from here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

S9 setup videos and pictures http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.