Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Buying a machine?
RE: Buying a machine?
Hey all,

Thank you for all the information. I really appreicate it! Smile

CPAP machines here in Japan are 2-3 times more expensive than the US. I've been renting a unit for the last 5 years, at 5,000 yen per month. As I'm returning home within the next few months, I had to purchase a unit asap. I found a store in Florida and got the S9 Autoset with the humidifier, hose, mask and shipping all for $US850.00. Got the package in about a week, no prescription was needed. It comes with the 2-year warranty and am very happy with it. I'm all set now, but I'm trying to get my head around using it as everything was done by my clinic in the past. I don't know how to read the data yet, so that's my next job, learning it all....

Cheers,
Emeraude
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2012, 10:07 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Since Medicare is a US thing for US citizens, that would be a "no".

If your insurance in Japan is better than what you'd get in Australia, you probably should get a CPAP machine before you leave.

Hey there Paula02,

Sorry about that. I should have been clearer with my post. Sadly, machines are more expensive here to buy, but renting one is reasonable though, 5,000yen per month.

Cheers,
Emeraude
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2012, 10:27 PM)zonk Wrote: Emeraude
If you want to learn about the S9, there's a good video review at the bottom of this page:

Hey there Zonk,

Thanks for the link and information. I found it very informative.Smile

Best,
Emeraude

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2012, 10:34 PM)zonk Wrote:
(04-28-2012, 09:48 PM)Emeraude Wrote: Hey there,

I'm an Aussie in living in Japan, but will be returning home after nearly 2 decades. National Insurance covers 70% of the cost of a rental machine here.

Does Medicare not cover the cost of a rental machine in Australia?

Thanks!
Emeraude
Hi Emeraude and welcome to forum
I don,t think so but Medicare does cover the sleep study. Some social security recipients might be able to get a machine through the system and if insured and having the extras cover might cover some rental and towards purchasing a new machine. Some places might gives you a credit what you paid in rental towards purchasing new machine but the prices too much its cheaper to buy on line from US. You can get new machine at reasonable price from Supplier #2 and also check Supplier #25 for specials
Best of luck

Hey again Zonk,

Thank you for the information. I had my sleep study done more than 5 years ago, but will need to have one when I return to Oz. I will also have to find a private insurer after getting job..

Thanks again,
Emeraude

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2012, 10:43 AM)Emeraude Wrote:
If you want to learn about the S9, there's a good video review at the bottom of this page:

Hey there Zonk,

Best,
Emeraude
ResScan and SleepyHead software both support the S9 and are available to download from this board, just let us know if you need anything

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2012, 07:21 PM)zonk Wrote:
(05-04-2012, 10:43 AM)Emeraude Wrote:

Hey there Zonk,

Best,
Emeraude
ResScan and SleepyHead software both support the S9 and are available to download from this board, just let us know if you need anything

Good morning Zonk,

I'm looking for the latest version of ResScan 3.7, but it seems that it is not being sold now.

I just downloaded 3.14 from their website, but I cannot get the Detailed Graphs section to show anything. Both Statistics and Summary Graphs are fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks again,
Emeraude

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2012, 07:32 PM)Emeraude Wrote: I just downloaded 3.14 from their website, but I cannot get the Detailed Graphs section to show anything. Both Statistics and Summary Graphs are fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks again,
Emeraude
Follow the download procedure on the first page of this thread (A Note on installing ResScan)
When you start the software, on the download page is a box where you can select to download Summary Data, Detailed Data, or All Data. See the screenshot (below) of that selection box. There is also a box on that same page you can check to SAVE your selection for all downloads:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-3-16-SP1

also may suggest to post any software related question in the above thread as it get more exposure

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2012, 07:56 PM)zonk Wrote:
(05-04-2012, 07:32 PM)Emeraude Wrote: I just downloaded 3.14 from their website, but I cannot get the Detailed Graphs section to show anything. Both Statistics and Summary Graphs are fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks again,
Emeraude
Follow the download procedure on the first page of this thread (A Note on installing ResScan)
When you start the software, on the download page is a box where you can select to download Summary Data, Detailed Data, or All Data. See the screenshot (below) of that selection box. There is also a box on that same page you can check to SAVE your selection for all downloads:

also may suggest to post any software related question in the above thread as it get more exposure

Thanks again for the link to the page and will post in the software thread. Will download it soon.

Emeraude

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2012, 11:50 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Howdy, Snoozin...

Welcome

Glad you were able to get a machine shipped to you for a lower cost. Thanks for the feedback on those two suppliers also.

Hi SS, thank you for the welcome :grin:

One thing I forget to mention is that Supplier #2 that sells second-hand units (which of course are sold with a brand new climate tube, inc standard tube, humidifier tank, and filter) is that they now have open box specials.

Which means the units are brand new but have been open for display purposes.

That offers a great saving, as an example, the Resmed S9 Auto with H5i and ClimateLine is only $US799.00 atm.

Oh: And more info what they class as used (Their words via an email to me)...

The units we have in inventory all have under 500 hours of use - we have many in stock, and always pull the units with the lowest hours first. The average life expectancy of the CPAP/BIPAP unit is roughly 15000-20000 hours. A unit with at or under 500 hours of use is about 95% new.

Regards,
Sn

Post Reply Post Reply
Just so we all know exactly how much we are being 'screwed'.... I paid $625 delivered for each of my two S9 Autoset systems plus $50 for the climate hoses shortly after they came out, from a popular US supplier and had them shipped to my NY address.

Shortly thereafter, Respironics (a Phillips company) found a loophole in the laws of the land and prohibited export. They also prohibited the advertising of discounted prices (used to be called conspiracy to restraint of trade I believe and was a criminal offense). All of a sudden the prices doubled.

Ditto my oxygen concentrators and masks. In fact, the Quattro mask that I paid $62 for when I bought them (new) are now $350 in Canada (with our dollar at par with the US dollar). Go figure.

Can we still buy an S9 Autoset anywhere in the US for $625? Or a Quattro mask for $62? Would love to know.

Or has Phillips Respironics totally messed with us?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Educate, Advocate, Contemplate.
Herein lies personal opinion, no professional advice, which ALL are well advised to seek.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.