Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Buying a used Cpap
Buying a used Cpap
Does anyone here have any experience about purchasing a used Cpap machine off a site like craigslist, I need a new machine and someone is selling a lightly used ResMed Airsense 10 CPAP for $300 Embedded Commercial Link removed

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Buying a used Cpap
I've always purchased used CPAP's. Many on the open market. its a buyers market. How many total hours are on the machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2 on the suppliers list at the top of the site.  I have purchased 2 used from them one with 3 weeks old and one 2 weeks (blower hours can not be changed).  Great machine and great company.  Also they have a years warranty.  I would not buy on craiglist unless the price was far less than the price from Supplier #2.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I have purchased 2 CPAP machines via Craigslist over the past 8 years. No problems.

but, due caution is always recommended.
Post Reply Post Reply
The biggest area to make 100% certain on used is that it's never been near smoke, hours are what they state, and that the model name is verified as correct.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A few questions you may want to ask the seller:
  • Total run hours - this can be found on the machine display under "My Options > About"  If it is as the seller says it should be roughly 160 hours or so. A quick pic with their cellphone works...
  • Is it from a non-smoker household
  • Any pets in the household (if you have pet allergies)
  • Did they already register it with MyAir, and did their Dr set it up with AirView.  Not sure what is involved with changing any of that.....
Good luck...
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is huge to make sure the machine has not been exposed to cigarette or other smoke. Always ask for run hours and try making a good deal. I contacted someone in Branson MO about a Vauto today, but he would only sell local. $200 for a Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto. If anyone can get it, or even relay it to me, it's a great deal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Recently bought used VAUTO from supplier 2, very good experience. Only 2 hours run time.
Post Reply Post Reply
This kinda makes me nervous. Just today I bought a ResMed Airsense 10 Auto off a guy on FB. He posted a pic from his phone showing 158 run hours. But I did not think to ask him if it came from a smoking household. It has already been shipped.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it's from a smoker house, there's ways to freshen it up like Ozium on a cotton ball at the intake of the PAP. But it's never as good as non-smoke houses.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 696 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,526 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 818 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,981 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
Question [Equipment] Buying Used ResMed "Floor Demo Model" - Limitations? tehsygi 11 1,083 05-29-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Quick Question - Worth Buying ASV If Tweaking CPAP Isn't Working? Apnea23 3 638 04-18-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Buying used vauto with replaced motor? fishfinderG 1 577 12-06-2022, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.