Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Buying a used Cpap
RE: Buying a used Cpap
honestly I'm not sure, it was posted on Craigslist today and just said barely used, I was waiting to contact him until I asked the forums opinion
Post Reply Post Reply
Ty everyone for the advice, lots of info here I didn't think of, I'll contact him tomorrow and and try and get the info and details, do you think its appropriate to offer say $250 for the machine if everything checks out? also is $300 a good deal in you opinion if it has low hours on it, cheapest I could find brand new was 598.00 without tax and shipping
Post Reply Post Reply
Negotiate the best deal you can, and you will have saved at least half the retail cost. Many sellers believe these machines actually sell for over $1200 based on what they see on insurance invoices. The real price is as you pointed out, and a Craigslist seller isn't providing service or a warranty like a retailer or DME. Low hours is worth more than higher, but prices vary widely. I think you are in the right range. BE SURE you are getting an Autoset and not the CPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2020, 02:56 PM)jammer521 Wrote: Does anyone here have any experience about purchasing a used Cpap machine off a site like craigslist, I need a new machine and someone is selling a lightly used ResMed Airsense 10 CPAP for $300

That is a model that you do NOT want.
The main reason is that there is no detailed data on that model and data is what allows you to optimize your therapy.

ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet or the AutoSet for Her variant is prefered.
ResMed AirSense 10 Elite is a CPAP only model that does have data and thus is OK.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just bought one from craigslist. It was an extremely good deal because it came from a smoker. I took it apart and cleaned it  and I did all the other suggestions like ozium and it still has a faint smoke smell. If you have time you can get excellent deals on craigslist.
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed that there are two very good buys on the Chicago Craigslist, both for Resmed Airsense 10 Autosets. One is $325 and the other is $350 with only 4 hours on the clock. These appear to be very good deals. Please do not post links to specific sales on the forum as it is against the forum rules.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@sleeprider
So you bought machine on craigslist and do not care about machine connected or registered with previous owner 's doctor or his/her DME server?
I keep wondering about that. IS it true that for the first 13 month using a Medicare given machine you must use it or pay the renting?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not had a problem with registration, but did not use MyAir with the machine. I have not run into a situation where the previous owner is on the hook for compliance or to return the machine. I suppose if that happened, I would return the machine after being refunded. Most used machines are sold by people that either did not tolerate therapy or had a problem that was not treated by it. For example, one owner developed central apnea because they were on opioids. The medication was changed, apnea resolved and he was not required to return the machine. I do ask if they have any ongoing rental or obligation. It's surprising how many used machines end up in the market, and businesses like SecondWindCPAP entirely rely on that supply stream.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I'd ask for a picture of the name on the PAP or the ID sticker to be sure you're getting what the seller says/thinks it is. Seems to me some Craigslist sellers aren't the greatest at naming the PAP correctly.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 700 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,538 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 818 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,982 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
Question [Equipment] Buying Used ResMed "Floor Demo Model" - Limitations? tehsygi 11 1,083 05-29-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Quick Question - Worth Buying ASV If Tweaking CPAP Isn't Working? Apnea23 3 638 04-18-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Buying used vauto with replaced motor? fishfinderG 1 578 12-06-2022, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.