Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Buying a used Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset...cleaning?
Buying a used Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset...cleaning?
Hello all! I'm going to just buy a used Resmed 10 autoset since I hate dealing with insurance.  Is there anything I should do to disinfect stuff on the machine? I have my own hoses and masks and water reservoir. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Buying a used Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset...cleaning?
I know of no way to disinfect the machine itself nor should it be necessary. Given the one way flow of air, it's extremely unlikely that any microbes from the former user would make it back into the machine.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Given that you're going to use your own mask, hose, and water tub, maybe the machine will need a physical external cleaning. Put a new filter in as well. Otherwise like Melman indicates, that should take care of it. Good luck with the new to you machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Page 20 of the clinician's manual describes how a medical facility could sterilize the equipment.
See line 5 of my sig to get the manual.

Because you are using a new hose and humidifier chamber then the only remaining part they mention is the air inlet pipe on page 26.
It's the little plastic piece that the hose slides onto and it can be removed and soaked in soapy water with a bit of white vinegar.

Other than that, as already mentioned, there isn't much you can do (or need to do) with the rest of the machine.

I've read that some people soak a tissue with "Ozium" and put it near the machine air inlet (where the filter is) then turn it on and let the vapor run through the machine for a while.
That may get rid of any stale odors.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 391 16 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,724 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,600 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.