Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Buying online
Buying online
I have been prescribed a machine. Where I live there is only one provider and the cost will starts at just over $2000. My insurance deductible hasn't been met so they won't pay anything. I found a site selling machines for a few hundred dollars. Just wondering where to begin or if anyone could help me with the ins and outs of cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Buying online
I just purchased a new machine, last month on Amazon, I bought the Dreamstation auto, from an outfit, in Vegas, and saved a couple hundred dollars. Your at the right place to get help. If you have, or can get results of your sleep study, to post here, it will help the good folks here, to help you. Good luck on your therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can buy the Dreamstation APAP machine for around ~$400 via Amazon. This is a great machine and it is very hard to compete with that price. I required a Bipap and got the Dreamstation Bipap via Amazon and am very happy with it. You can also get quite a few different masks from Amazon at a good price. The P10 is a nasal mask that can be had for about $60-80 via Amazon.

Could you give any details about what you were prescribed? Pressure? CPAP/APAP/BiPAP? That would certainly help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Trickey280 - Welcome

You can also try looking at the Supplier List link at the top of the page.In your search. Like Piggles said, it will help to know the type of CPAP you need.

The following link also will help in understanding various CPAPs and masks:
https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was Rx auto titrating cpap with heated humidity. My results say hypersomnia with osa. Mild issues but the daytime tiredness is becoming overwhelming. Recently my husband heard me gasping for breath while sleeping so we need this.
Post Reply Post Reply
As mentioned above. You can check out this suppliers list. #2 sells some used equipment if that is an option for you. Otherwise it sounds like the Dreamstation Auto Bipap via Amazon would be a good option for you as well. You can also check around on craigslist in your city and see if anyone is selling anything used or new at a good price.

The mask is usually the tricky part. It took me 3 different masks until I found something that I actually like. Your sleep clinic or a local DME might be able to do a mask fitting for you. Supplier #1 has a lot of masks with return insurance to where you can return a mask if you don't like it.

Make sure you get a copy of your sleep study / titration and your Rx if you haven't already. It is good information to have for the future.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2017, 05:16 PM)Piggles Wrote: As mentioned above. You can check out this suppliers list. #2 sells some used equipment if that is an option for you. Otherwise it sounds like the Dreamstation Auto Bipap via Amazon would be a good option for you as well. You can also check around on craigslist in your city and see if anyone is selling anything used or new at a good price.

The mask is usually the tricky part. It took me 3 different masks until I found something that I actually like. Your sleep clinic or a local DME might be able to do a mask fitting for you. Supplier #1 has a lot of masks with return insurance to where you can return a mask if you don't like it.

Make sure you get a copy of your sleep study / titration and your Rx if you haven't already. It is good information to have for the future.

One thing I would add to Piggles post, is, if you look for a used machine, hold out for one that records data, so you can take advantage of the Sleepyhead software, offered for free, on this site.
Post Reply Post Reply
Chances are you don't need auto BiPAP. The auto CPAP will suffice. Search Amazon for Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP DX500T11. That is an auto titrating CPAP with heated humidifier and in most cases a heated hose, carry bag and at least a starting supply of filters and SD memory card. The mask is sold separately, and if you can do nasal therapy, then the Resmed Airfit P10, also sold on Amazon for $65 is a great choice and comes with all three sizes of nasal pillow cushions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP DX500T11 fits the Rx; and it's a steal at $435 for a new machine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Trickey280,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck as you start your CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 703 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,609 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  Anyone interested in starting an online self-help video chat for people with SA/UARS? JamesD0079 0 346 10-26-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 820 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  best canadian online cpap stores? is cpap outlet legit ? michelbeaini 1 1,193 07-03-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Online sleep physicians who use OSCAR ? stevelk9999 19 1,732 06-13-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,987 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.