Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Buying used machine - what and how to check?
Buying used machine - what and how to check?
Hi everyone,

I am living in Sydney Australia. I have recently completed one month of rental CPAP (ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP with Humidifier and ClimateLine). Now I want to buy the same one but found out that the price is very higher if buying from local CPAP clinics or pharmacy. 

A guy on gumtree is selling the same machine for 800 AUD. He said that he bought the machine from overseas when he was living there and used it for 2 years. The number of hours used are 7041.

I can go to his address to check the machine. I want to know what and how one should check any used machine to see if it is good enough to buy. Also, is this 800 AUD is a reasonable price?

I will appreciate any help and suggestions in this regard.

Regards,
Kamran
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Buying used machine - what and how to check?
Machines in Australia are considerably more expensive than in the U.S. The price seems okay, howevera point of comparison is the Airsense 10 Autoset is currently selling new on Amazon from $526 to $600 USD. You could contact the sellers and ask if they are able to ship.

The machine is outstanding, and 7K hours is not a show-stopper, but you might have a point of negotiation there. The only red-flag is if it has been exposed to smoke.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider for your reply. I will definitely check the option of buying it from amazon as you suggested.

Anyone living in Australia, bought CPAP machine from Amazone? Please share your experience and knowledge. 

Thank you.
Kamran
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2 SecondWindCPAP also ships to AU and many people there have purchased from them with full warranty support. They have both new and used machines, but used to them means under 1K hours. I think you will find even with shipping, there are lower hour machines at a better price than the one you are looking at.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2017, 08:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Supplier #2 SecondWindCPAP also ships to AU and many people there have purchased from them with full warranty support.  They have both new and used machines, but used to them means under 1K hours.  I think you will find even with shipping, there are lower hour machines at a better price than the one you are looking at.

Thank you so much. I will explore for this Supplier #2 also.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Kamran

The seller would have bought this machine in Australia at Australian prices so you are not getting any sort of bargain. The hours are interesting:

At an average of 7-8 hours per night this would equate to about 2800 hours a year. This means that the machine is probably about 3 years old. As Sleeprider said, you'll get a much better deal with Supplier #2 for a much newer machine and you have the peace of mind of a warranty.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2017, 03:40 AM)holden4th Wrote: Hello Kamran

The seller would have bought this machine in Australia at Australian prices so you are not getting any sort of bargain. The hours are interesting:

At an average of 7-8 hours per night this would equate to about 2800 hours a year. This means that the machine is probably about 3 years old. As Sleeprider said, you'll get a much better deal with Supplier #2 for a much newer machine and you have the peace of mind of a warranty.

The seller bought it from overseas when he was living there, but checking the option of buying the machine from Supplier #2 seems to be a wiser approach comparatively.

Thanks for your reply holden.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 92 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,609 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  How can I check if my ClimateAir actually heats up? NoddingHacker 1 174 02-06-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,434 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,209 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
Question 24 years old, Central Sleep Apnea only. Check out my OSCAR data? FL00D 4 1,030 10-02-2023, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.