Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

By Way Of Introduction... General Rookie Questions
RE: My CPAP Travels. Day 3
(12-27-2019, 08:20 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: We tend to like one thread it’s easier to scroll back and find things you have tried in one long thread

Roger that..

If a Mod/Admin would be so kind...  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: By Way Of Introduction... General Rookie Questions
Moderator Note:
In order to maintain continuity, the thread, "My CPAP Travels. Day 3" has been merged with this thread, "By Way Of Introduction... General Rookie Questions".

.  .  .You may resume typing at normal speed.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there. 

I’m sorry that this process has been so dreadful. 

I am also severely claustrophobic. If I put on a full face mask I feel like I am choking and I wake up in a panic and gagging. So when you do get your machine, try nasal pillows. They are the least intrusive and easy to pull off your face if needed. You can also just open your mouth the breathe if you feel like you are gasping in panic. 

Some other advice. Get into your bead and wait for your breath to calm. Then put your mask on and gently start breathing. Now breathe with the machine, not against it. It is like meditating. 

The first few weeks after I had my CPAP I would put my mask on and listen to a audiobook to help to keep me calm. I also downloaded an app called Calm on my phone which has bedtime stories (for adults) and also guided meditations. It’s pretty great and I still use it. 

Just try to relax. Tell yourself that you are safe and in your bed. And it’s ok to take your mask off for a few minutes to calm yourself down. 

Also, if you have a headboard, throw your hose over the top of it so you don’t feel strangled and get wrapped up in it. 

Best of luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wearing a soft cervical collar can really make a difference getting rid of clusters. I’ve been wearing one for over 5 years. You need to try one.

Back then I used Rescan. There is nothing more terrifying than a sea of red streaks looking like a downtown skyline with numbers like 50, 70, even 80 (seconds) over them. Once your chin goes down it ain’t coming back until you have to gasp.

John
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 146 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,985 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  General Issues Lusk 3 339 01-22-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.