Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

C Flex or CFlex +
C Flex or CFlex +
I have been using a Philips Respironics System One machine for nearly 3 years and my Apneas have come down from over 40 to below 5 and at times have recorded some zeros. My machine was initially set up by my local hospital and have tried many masks. My present mask is a ResMed Medium. I have been adjusting my own settings for about 2 years due to the time it takes to get an appointment and have been using the C Flex setting at 13.5 pressure. Would there be any benefit to changing to the C Flex+ system?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: C Flex or CFlex +
Its just a comfort feature. Itll lower pressure a bit at the end of inhalation and beginning of exhalation.
Some get along great with it, some hate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that. I did try it but couldn't see the benefit of it. Not having a manual for the machine makes the settings difficult to understand.
Post Reply Post Reply
DeafGeoff,

I think from the description below, you would need to try the different settings to see how it feels. The description is from the PR manual.

I believe C-Flex+ works in the same way that A-FLEX works in Auto Mode.

C-Flex – Provides pressure relief upon exhalation to improve comfort based on your needs.
A-Flex/C-Flex+ – Provides pressure relief taking place at the end of inhalation and at the start of exhalation to improve comfort based on your needs. When providing Auto-Trial therapy, this comfort feature is called A-Flex. When providing CPAP or CPAP-Check therapy, this comfort feature is called C-Flex+.

Is C-FLEX available on your machine, or only if you use the CPAP-Check mode?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can access the C-Flex+ mode in the advanced set up by pressing and holding the arrow button and the dial button for a few seconds.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2015, 12:41 PM)DeafGeoff Wrote: I can access the C-Flex+ mode in the advanced set up by pressing and holding the arrow button and the dial button for a few seconds.

Good, that's the Clinicians menu. You can order that manual by email ( it's free).
See top of page....CPAP Setup Manuals.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cflex plus and Aflex work the same way. Aflex is just what its called in auto mode.
It can make high ie 14 16 et presures seem to be much less.

Some folks seem to have a problem with the rythem though. Doesnt work well with how the breathe.
Others love it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2015, 12:41 PM)DeafGeoff Wrote: I can access the C-Flex+ mode in the advanced set up by pressing and holding the arrow button and the dial button for a few seconds.
Quick setup instruction pictures with a video and how to get the clinical manual for your CPAP machine
http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

SleepyHead software http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does EPR/CFlex change Flow Rate shape or I:E ratio? KeepSmiling 4 730 11-02-2022, 11:49 AM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  (Dreamstation) Flex algorithm is out of sync with my breathing skim 12 2,948 02-28-2022, 08:18 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Respironics PR System One 60 Series REMstar Auto with A-flex aavenger 6 1,350 11-12-2021, 06:03 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Question re: Virtuox Ultra test with RemStar Auto A-Flex tonight. Help, please. Helena 2 844 08-30-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Helena
  [Equipment] Help solving power issue (REMstar Auto A-Flex cycling off/on during use)) RhythmMachine 2 877 07-13-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: RhythmMachine
  Noise from Remstar Auto A-flex Greg Schultz 2 856 05-15-2021, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Greg Schultz
  CFlex Cflex plus question Rice95 28 1,926 04-25-2021, 04:42 AM
Last Post: Rice95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.