Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

C Stokes Resp
C Stokes Resp

anything we can do about this in settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: C Stokes Resp
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, or for that matter that what you are showing is really Cheyne-Stokes Respiration. Could you show more on the timeline and auto scaled the flowrate Y axis? 
I have a particular interest as there is my graph of Cheyne-Stokes:

Post Reply Post Reply
goodn, I see you posted a brief period of periodic breathing that Resmed flags as CSR. Let me assure you that is not CSR. In order to evaluate it, I'd like to see a screenshot zoomed out to 3-5 minutes which will show the variation of respiratory flow, and I'd really like to see the summary data and statistics in the left screen. Please read the wiki linked in my signature on how to Organize Your Oscar Charts, and use the screenshot F12 function rather than taking a picture of your screen.

dataq1, your pattern is closer to what we associate with CSR, and you have a high central index. You may want to start your own thread where we can focus on your issue separately from Goodn. There is a great deal that can be done to resolve this if it is typical of your therapy, but we need to discuss background health issues, particularly any cardiac or heart failure concerns, and take a look at your settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What I am asking is
Is this ‘true’ CS respirations- if so is it a firm of hypopnea that is amenable to modification by adjusting the settings on a CPAP machine or is it simply brain stem activity which is harmless
Post Reply Post Reply
I will obtain those tracings thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Goodn, your breathing is irregular but it does not have the characteristic waxing and waning of respiratory volume with a central apnea at the nadir which is diagnostic of CSR. In addition this is an isolated brief period of repeated CA events, which accounts for the respiratory volume oscillations. Depending on your settings, we may be able to identify the "trigger" for this and make some adjustments.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2021, 04:58 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: dataq1, your pattern is closer to what we associate with CSR, and you have a high central index.  You may want to start your own thread where we can focus on your issue separately from Goodn.  There is a great deal that can be done to resolve this if it is typical of your therapy, but we need to discuss background health issues, particularly any cardiac or heart failure concerns, and take a look at your settings.
I had no intent to hijack this thread, just wanted @goodn to see a clean example of Cheyne-Stokes. 

As to starting another thread for my situation, I may in time. For the time being my pulmonologist says talk with my cardiologist, my cardiologist says he doesn't know enough about CSR so he is going to talk with the pulmonologist. In the meanwhile, I'm not alarmed about it as heart failure was already ruled out and the episodes of CSR are not recurring (3 nights out of 80).  So someday I might want some advice from the board.... but not yet. Thanks for asking
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much- very helpful
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How bad is this really? CSA & Cheyne Stokes Little Olive 7 242 03-12-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 177 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration and Central Apnea Clusters Aldiorg 8 820 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 291 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 328 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Extremely rapid breathing on bi-level (28 resp. rate) Too Sleepy 52 4,462 01-01-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Fixit50
  Need advice - Clear Airway Apnea and Cheyne Stokes skiphudspeth 7 632 12-31-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.