Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CA Info on Autosense
CA Info on Autosense
Hi guys

I see on the Resmed Autosense there is at the bottom Of the Sleep Report it shows " Central AI"  I've been reading alot on the Apnea Board whereby some people have issues with Centrals due to too much pressure. I have increased my pressure by myself because my Apneas suddenly spiked from the 2.0 range to the 4.8 range. After setting my pressure to 10- 19 I have seen it drops back to the 1.2- 2.5 range. I'm averaging on a 17 pressure. And I'm feeling better when my Apneas is under 3.

My question is ..... will increasing the minimum pressure result in me starting to develop Centrals?  Also if this happen will my Resmed Autosense pick it up and display it in the Sleep Report?  

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CA Info on Autosense
Some folks will experienced pressure induced central apnea. The only way that I know of, and since you are concerned, to find out if you have this issue, is by uploading some Sleepyhead charts. If there is a corresponding central apnea event with an increase in pressure, it's possible that you could be experiencing CPAP induced centrals.

You can follow the links in my signature to get the charts uploaded here. Smile
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks but I currrently dont have a Computer to upload Sleepyhead. I do feel better and by reading some of the post, i dont wake up at night or any symptoms relating to Centrals. Was just curious what to look out for and if the reading on the Autosense will display Central events.

When I get my laptop back I will sure to post my Sleepy results.

Thanks and keep well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would say that if your total Apneas are under 5 you should have no immediate issue.  Typically is your Sleep Study didn't have any centrals and your previous charts didn't have any you are unlikely to develop them.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Fred. That's calming news . I'm still having days when tired but in a previous post I do think it's stress related. I'm just being paranoid that my therapy might not be working. But today I had an excellent day with my Ahi on 2.8 I felt very alive. Yesterday it was 1.3 and I was dead tired when I got home from work. I guess I will get more comfortable as I go along . It's only 3 months that I'm on therapy .

Thanks and keep well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think I would sweat it, but it is good to be aware of it. My understanding of the CPAP induced apnea is related to the lack of CO2 in the bloodstream and how your brain handles the regulation. So, when a patient begins CPAP therapy and he/she has a decrease in CO2 and an increase in O2, the brain will not cause a spontaneous respiration and hence, a central apnea has occured. Some very complex chemical regualtion going on in the central nervous system. So, to be diagnosed with CPAP induced central apnea, a person must first be on CPAP therapy and no prior history indicative of central sleep apnea. He/she must show a correlation between CPAP pressure increases with a corresponding central apnea event. An absolute affirmative diagnosis will also have blood oxygen monitoring results that indicate blood oxygen levels remaining in the acceptable limits of a person being treated for CPAP (>95% or so best I recall) minus the O2 drop on central apnea occurance.

Your machine will count central apnea occurances to a degree of accuracy that is debateable. Without labratory results that include EEG results, it can be difficult to determine central apnea occurances with reasonable certainty. The use of Sleepyhead as a graphical represntation will certainly help because it will indicate what the machine flags as central apnea and a modest correlation with pressure increase can be made. Given that you have an acceptable AHI, I wouldn't worry. I recommend that you educate yourself as much as possible until you get your laptop going, that way you can apply the advice you receive here with an informed approach for self treatment.

I agree with Fred 100% and reitterate that you shouldn't lose any sleep over this concern. If in fact you do have an issue with CPAP induced CA, the strategy is to find the balance of pressures that are effective at treating OSA while low enough that CSA is not induced.

Hope this helps Smile
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote: like Thanks Got my mask on, ready for bed.  You guys are all just amazing doing this every day. Thanks A Mil.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 139 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 263 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 698 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 127 19,672 12-17-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,986 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines SleepHungry 18 937 11-24-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Resvent iBreeze 20A - any info? BadGoodDeb 7 1,572 06-27-2023, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.