Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Super tired and air in stomach
Super tired and air in stomach
Hey everyone! I'm hoping some of you can help me identify the right settings for my AirSense 10 Auto.

I was prescribed this machine 2-3 years ago but I've had a hard time sticking with it because of the amount of air it pumps into my stomach every night. I seem to have a low threshold of pressure — I can feel the air entering my stomach even during the low-pressure ramp period. But I also seem to need a higher pressure to combat the OAs?

Here is my typical night:
Pressure min: 7
Pressure max: 12
EPR level: 2
Full face mask

Any ideas on how I can lower my AHI while also reducing the amount of air in my stomach?

Thanks so much for your help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Super tired and air in stomach
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the chart.

Set EPR=3 as that lowers the average pressure,
set Max Pressure =10 to cap the max

Let's start with this. Based on the chart I'd like to increase min to 8, but after we see what the above does.

Also, Try and turn the Ramp off. I don't think you will need it. If you do minimize the time on the ramp as your therapy does not fully function during the ramp, events are not responded to nor are they reported.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a total newb and know nothing, just sharing my experience with air in stomach from cpap. YMMV, etc.

I was on an airsense 11 autoset in epr mode 3 (5-10cm) for three months. Most nights I couldn't wear it more than 4-5 hours/night because my stomach would bloat and I would vomit or nearly. On follow up dr visit he recommended I borrow an aircurve 10 vauto, which is a bpap, said I'd know right away if it helped.

Well... it sure did for me. Pretty amazingly better. The bpap drops the pressure when you exhale, I find it is super gentle. Much less stressful than breathing against the pressure all the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR is similar to pressure support, per your info your PS=4 vs the 3 I suggested
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gideon. My current aircurve 10 is set to ps 4 (4-8), the previous airsense that made me sick was set to epr 3cm. I'm sincerely curious what is the empirical difference between the two machines, I perceive a night and day difference in comfort, the aircurve feels so gentle for exhale where the airsense just wanted to fill me with air.
Post Reply Post Reply
The single biggest difference is the PS of 4.

Try PS of 3 with min EPAP = min press -3
As that will better match your AutoSet.

The pS=4 is what I would have tried if your AutoSet was capable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2022, 06:11 PM)Gideon Wrote: Welcome to the forum and thanks for the chart.

Set EPR=3 as that lowers the average pressure,
set Max Pressure =10 to cap the max

Let's start with this.  Based on the chart I'd like to increase min to 8, but after we see what the above does.

Also, Try and turn the Ramp off.  I don't think you will need it.  If you do minimize the time on the ramp as your therapy does not fully function during the ramp, events are not responded to nor are they reported.

Thanks for the suggestions, Gideon! I'll try these out and report back in a couple of days.

@impolexg - Your experience with the AirSense sounds exactly how mine is. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to alleviate the aerophagia by just adjusting some settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and CA events liebano 3 66 19 minutes ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 241 9 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 69 Yesterday, 01:25 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 182 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,988 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 183 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 138 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.