Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CA after giving birth
CA after giving birth
Hi all! I’m hoping you can shed some light into what’s been going on with me. I’ve had OSA for a few years and was put on an APAP. Hated it and didn’t use much, lost some weight and don’t think I needed it as much. Then got pregnant and gained weight and needed machine again so started using regularly. AHI was always under 1 and only ever saw OA and hypopneas on report. Four months ago I had my son and the sleep depravation has been pretty bad!! I had postpartum preeclampsia but was treated quickly and don’t think I had any seizures or strokes and they put me on bp meds for a couple months. One week after giving birth I started noticing clear airway apnea’s on my report but I didn’t feel any different when I did get sleep. A month or so ago I started to stop breathing as I fall asleep and it’s gotten so bad I can’t get to sleep! Once I am asleep it seems to be ok. Cardiologist did a two week holter and no arrhythmias and were doing an echo soon but he suspects my heart is ok. Sleep dr won’t do anything until echo results. If it’s not my heart what is going on? Can sleep depravation cause this? I also told my dr that the ahi is misleading since I’m sleeping like a 5 hour block and then trying to get a nap in but score lumps it all together. The stopping breathing is typically the worst as I am trying to fall asleep especially during morning/daytime naps. I’ve also noticed that if the sleep depravation gets bad enough I go straight into a rem cycle and I get jolted awake. Please help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CA after giving birth
Hi Chrixy,
I'm sure we would be able to help, but we need to see some data to advise.

Download OSCAR software.  (Be sure there is an SD card in your machine)  
Follow the links in my signature line as this will show you how to organize the daily page
in OSCAR and then use the attachment feature to post results here.  

If you have a sleep study report, you can post that too.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, list what Meds you are taking. basically looking for something that impacts the CNS.
Important to us is which Dreamstation do you have? There are many, each with different capabilities.
Post Reply Post Reply
Chrixy your story gives us some important clues to what is going on with the sleep doctor. I am certain your instinct that nothing is art with your heart is correct. Your doctor is considering switching you to ASV to treat the CA. In 2015 a study showed an increased risk in using ASV in patients with congestive heart failure and a left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) less than 45%. Out of an abundance of caution he is scheduling an echocardiogram to rule that out, after which he will be able to safely schedule ASV titration. ASV is an adaptive servo ventilator and works like a CPAP unless you stop breathing, and it then maintains your respiration rate and volume on a breath by breath basis using pressure support. We have many members here that use ASV and there is a preference for the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV over the Philips model. Hope this explanation helps.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you post a copy of your daily charts. We would like to see how the CA presents itself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all. Yes I will download the software and post as soon as I can (when the little one gives me time lol)
Post Reply Post Reply
The past 3 nights. Will post one of my bad attempted naps next.

bad nap

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I am not on any meds, just vitamins! But I do have Lyme disease. My health in general hasn't been great the past 3 years.

DreamStation auto cpap hum dom is what it says on my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep was no good last night and the baby woke up a lot. This is from me trying to sleep early this morning but could never fully fall asleep because of episodes. Does anyone know what might be going on?

Post Reply Post Reply
This was the whole night.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For anyone who is thinking of giving up on CPAP because of the nuisance...... BigWing 3 374 02-12-2024, 07:04 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Sleep doctors giving conflicting advice Morgannon 8 825 02-10-2023, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Gideon
Exclaimation Need advice. CPAP is giving me lung issues. Fezdani 11 1,361 12-17-2021, 08:58 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Giving up on my shiny new F30i Mask S. Manz 28 7,018 08-30-2021, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Feel like my Pillow isn't giving good therapy...reco to try? tierdal 52 3,293 08-11-2021, 01:44 PM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  Finally, SUCCESS after almost giving up on CPAP (retitled) Computerdoc 149 12,161 10-11-2020, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mask straps giving me rash Kazimodo 7 2,334 04-10-2020, 11:01 PM
Last Post: roads

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.