Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CA after giving birth
RE: CA after giving birth
Your sleep is fragmented and disrupted as expected. The event rate and CA in particular is normal to good. Sleep disruption can be a cause of CA events as you transition in and out of sleep. The simple solution is of course to get more sleep, which your new child disagrees with. Hopefully you have some help to allow you to try to sleep, or at least some family to help take off some of the stress of being constantly on-call. This is why it's so great to be a grand!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Move your minimum pressure up to 7cm. and watch results for a couple days. You may need to move it up to 8cm in time.

Discount the nap. Most of that is what we call sleep-wake junk. It's going to be hard to achieve consistency with a new baby, so don't get discouraged.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately I’m always going to be on night duty since my husband works all day. Some nights aren’t so bad and I get a six hour stretch then others not so great. And I can’t catch up on the sleep and then I can’t get to sleep because I’m over tired, momsomnia? Lol. Can you explain more of the sleep wake junk? That’s where my problem is, getting to sleep. Once I’m out I usually don’t wake or if I do I can go back to sleep pretty easily. I’ll try doing the higher setting, we set it lower because I was waking with air in the tummy so we’ll see how it goes!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep wake junk or SWJ can appear at the beginning or end of a sleep session. Mostly, the reason I am aware it pops up is our waking and sleeping breath cycles are very different and handled differently. Waking breath aspects are less consistent while sleep breathing tends to be a bit more stable and smoother due to it being without our conscious adjustments. SWJ appears because of hand-off issues between waking and sleeping patterns and control. This is according to what I am aware of on the subject.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Usually this occurs when just falling asleep or early morning, when your really not asleep nor awake, somewhat in between.

Sleep-Wake-Junk - Clusters of apnea and hypopnea events concentrated mainly around periods of sleep-wake transition. In general Sleep-wake-junk (SWJ) is not regarded as "real" since they do not occur during periods of sleep, but may be during semi-awake periods or "dozing".

Ok, so be careful then with raising pressure if you suffer with Aerophagia (swallowing of air).  Just try raising it by .5cm at a time and see how you feel.  Take it A little slower.

Aerophagia   CPAP users who experience excessive belching, stomach bloating, stomach distension and agonizing gas pains may be suffering from aerophagia. It's the medical term for the phenomenon when air enters the esophagus, goes into the belly and causes bloating.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hm so have you seen other people like me that have issues falling asleep from SWJ? Is there something I can do to help my body transition better? Or is that what raising the pressure is for? Do you think my flex setting had any effect?
Post Reply Post Reply
There could be any number of reasons for having trouble falling asleep, and everyone is different.

The reason for originally raising pressure was to clean up the apnea's and if you look at your graphs, you spent most of the night at a higher pressure, somewhere between 8 and 9. But as I stated above, if you suffer from aerophagia, raise it very slowly and observe. Or if your comfortable where your at, then leave the pressure alone until your sleep schedule improves.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Just a reminder, if you do pressure adjustments, you do not need to do whole number steps. You can do fractional/decimal number adjustments up or down as required to tune the pressure in for your personal needs. Hope that helps in some way.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For anyone who is thinking of giving up on CPAP because of the nuisance...... BigWing 3 374 02-12-2024, 07:04 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Sleep doctors giving conflicting advice Morgannon 8 825 02-10-2023, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Gideon
Exclaimation Need advice. CPAP is giving me lung issues. Fezdani 11 1,361 12-17-2021, 08:58 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Giving up on my shiny new F30i Mask S. Manz 28 7,018 08-30-2021, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Feel like my Pillow isn't giving good therapy...reco to try? tierdal 52 3,293 08-11-2021, 01:44 PM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  Finally, SUCCESS after almost giving up on CPAP (retitled) Computerdoc 149 12,158 10-11-2020, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mask straps giving me rash Kazimodo 7 2,334 04-10-2020, 11:01 PM
Last Post: roads

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.