Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CA cluster?
CA cluster?

Hi,
I've been using my resmed airsense 10 for about a month now and my ahi has been below 1 consistently. Ive been tinkering with the pressure and currently sitting on 6-9.8 with epr off and no ramp. However the past couple of nights I have had these brief around 10 minute clusters of clear airway flags. This hasnt happened to me before and as someone with anxiety its really freaking me out! I understand it could be a lot worse but for me this is new, scary and stressful and I guess im just after some explanation or reassurance preferably. My original sleep study indicated none of these issues (my ahi was 15), but its been a couple of years since I had it done and no longer have access to the data. I hope I have uploaded the appropriate screenshots to enable you to see what I am talking about and offer advice.

thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CA cluster?
These are very minor and are probably just brief pauses in breathing during a transition in sleep. There appears to be a REM period following the events. Each of the pauses is the minimal 10 seconds in length and there is no suggestion of recovery breathing following the events, meaning this had no impact on your need for respiration. This is not an indication of a new or worsening problem. With all respect to your anxiety, just let it go. It's really nothing, and all of us have similar events from time to time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That little bit is nothing to worry about. Your breathing during that period is slightly disturbed, these are not Obstructive and I think the are just you briefly holding your breath as you are trying to settle into position.

I would set your EPR=2. Your flow limits are driving your pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you to the both of you. This board is really an invaluable resource for those of us going it alone trying to figure it all out by ourselves!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA (cluster?) events not reducing T818 62 5,910 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: T818
  Can you help me interpret this cluster of events? TiredTom111 1 456 08-12-2023, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How to eliminate a long OA cluster with CSR Roy289 3 543 01-28-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  Central Cluster wr61 5 766 03-13-2022, 01:38 PM
Last Post: wr61
  Unusally high Hypopnea cluster jaydee1445 8 1,026 11-08-2021, 08:34 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Cluster CAs Just Started Foofit 5 809 07-18-2021, 03:25 AM
Last Post: ICEMAN
  Cluster Central apneas when falling asleep whiteoak 4 1,516 03-12-2021, 08:49 AM
Last Post: whiteoak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.