Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CA (cluster?) events not reducing
RE: CA (cluster?) events not reducing
Dormeo,

Modified the settings as per your suggestion. Please see the reports.
I do have some ent related issues. Cronic allergy, mild deviated septum, nasopharyngeal mass on upper roof. I am taking allergy medication for the last 5 months or so. for the nasophrangea dr said it has shrunk after using the allergy medications. dont know how much its contributing to the flow limitation. maybe I ask dr to remove it surgically if required.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
My favourite question, are you a back sleeper?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2023, 04:48 AM)Expat31 Wrote: My favourite question, are you a back sleeper?

I goto sleep on my side.  what happens in my sleep have no idea

back sleeping contributes to CA? is there any home remedy to prevent sleeping on back?
Post Reply Post Reply
Before I go into any detail, do a test for a few days. 

Get a pillow and try to wedge it behind your back to stop you rolling over. It may not be effective as the pillow may slipout of position during the night. Then to look for alternatives.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2023, 05:41 AM)Expat31 Wrote: Before I go into any detail, do a test for a few days. 

Get a pillow and try to wedge it behind your back to stop you rolling over. It may not be effective as the pillow may slipout of position during the night. Then to look for alternatives.

ok. will try that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Back-sleeping might contribute to your flow limitations and to the clusters of OAs you were having on the 9th and the 10th.

Can you think of anything that was different if you compare the 10th to the 11th? The difference in your charts is fairly striking. It'd be nice to be able to replicate whatever might have changed.

How did the EPR feel to you? And in general, how did you feel after each of these nights (9th, 10th, 11th)?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2023, 11:39 AM)Dormeo Wrote: Back-sleeping might contribute to your flow limitations and to the clusters of OAs you were having on the 9th and the 10th.  

Can you think of anything that was different if you compare the 10th to the 11th?  The difference in your charts is fairly striking.  It'd be nice to be able to replicate whatever might have changed.

How did the EPR feel to you?  And in general, how did you feel after each of these nights (9th, 10th, 11th)
Few things were different actually.
 On 9th and 10th I wore scc but on 11th i didn't. I may need to change my current scc cause i have seen different results wearing this one. Trying to get the caldera neck relief.
Also on 9th, 10th and 11th  I was trying out different size pillows. Haven't figured out the difference yet because of the scc was giving different results.
11th was definitely better. Lot less sleepy but foggy and memory weakness was prevailing.
Post Reply Post Reply
I move a lot during my sleep changing positions. Can't figure it out which position is causing the issue. Tried changing pillow height, and loosen/tighten SCC.
With same EPR 3, flow limit varies a lot also AHI. 
Only improvement I have seen so far is not feeling foggy anymore. Still a lot Sleepy. Coffee doesnt help. only feel good for an hour or so after waking up. Also have puffy under eye since started using cpap.

Post Reply Post Reply
More reports

Post Reply Post Reply
The clustered nature of the flow limitations and the CAs/arousals continues to make me think there's something about your position at work here.  I'll be curious whether the new collar makes any difference.  Did you figure out which pillow configuration works best?

Over time, the CAs may abate as your body adjusts to PAP therapy.  But if you're still experiencing the same number of arousals, the fact that they were followed by shorter pauses in your breathing may make little difference to how you feel during the day.  In other words, I continue to suspect that the arousals are the core problem, rather than the CAs.

It's tedious work, but you could test that theory by zooming in on each CA to see how many are preceded by arousal breathing.  Arousal breathing is deeper and less regular that asleep breathing.  See samples below.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 13 406 4 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 45 7 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,406 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 121 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 182 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 273 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.