Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CA (cluster?) events not reducing
RE: CA (cluster?) events not reducing
more pages from the report 3 that used BiPAP for titration on Oct 2022

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
more pages from report 3 on Oct 2022

Post Reply Post Reply
last page.
they put on CPAP first and took it off after 1 hr ( I was awake during this time) or so and put on BIPAP.

Post Reply Post Reply
Everything points to bilevel working better, but if you want to kill the central events and periodic breathing, ASV is the solution. A low-cost solution would be to get a Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt 36007 from DotMed. This is the older model, but they are out there with low hours and low cost. Searching on Dotmed under the category Respiratory/Bilevel and filtering for Resmed, I see the following items all from seller B. Johnson of ProntoDepot at +1 (623) 738-9011
RESMED AirCurve 10 ASV #37043 Bipap Bi-level PAP 5337 hours $980, Seller
RESMED S9 VPAP Adapt BIPAP #36007, 1151 Hours $480,
RESMED S9 VPAP Adapt BIPAP #36007, 1056 Hours $500

This seller has been around quite a while and has good feedback. Use a safe and trackable payment method if you choose to do business...no cash, Venmo or similar. The S9 VPAP Adapt 36007 is an ASV auto bilevel and is the predecessor model of the Aircurve 10 ASV. Algorithms are very similar, if not identical and it uses the 2 part S9 form factor with separate humidifier.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider has suggested a good options for you, and bear in mind that if you buy a machine that doesn't work for you, you can try selling it. You probably won't break even, but you could minimize your financial loss.

It's really hard to know what to do with data generated by one night of sleep in an unfamiliar place with a bunch of wires hooked up to you. It's all the more difficult when the data aren't even for a whole night but are for just a few hours. I think you have to stop looking for rock-solid assurances but instead see this as an experiment aimed at resolving a significant problem in your life. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. But you won't know unless you try.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks a lot sleerider & dormeo.

I live in Bangladesh. so I am unable to buy from those sources. I have the option to rent LumisTM 150 VPAP ST for a month. is this a bilevel or asv? is it suitable?

airvurve 10 vauto, airvurve 10 vauto st, Lumis 100 VPAP S, Lumis 150 VPAP ST,  these are my options to purchase. can you please suggest which would the best option for me? also seeing airvurve 10 asv but not sure if its the correct model ( attached the pic of this one)

how do I know which are bilevel and which are asv?

Post Reply Post Reply
The Lumis 150 ST is an assured volume pressure support ventilator equivalent to the Aircurve 10 ST iVAPS and is not really suitable for your problem. The sellers on Dotmed may be willing to ship internationally, so don't necessarily give up on that. A Lumis Tx has all the algorithms including ASV, ST, S, Vauto. The Aircurve 10 CS Pacewave is also ASV. I'm sorry but I just don't know what models of ASV are available to your location.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
understood. thanks a lot sleeprider. i will report back if I can avail this machine to set it up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,

I have finally received the S9 and used it last night. Though AHI was very low 0.3 but I felt sleepy whole day. 
Sleep quality was very bad though as I kept waking up continuously due to massive air in my stomach.

Can you please suggest if I should make any adjusments? I have attached last night's data.

Post Reply Post Reply
Attaching 2 more days data. These 2 days I used AutoASV mode. Still tired and sleepy. And lot of air in stomach.

Do I need to give more time to adjust to the therapy? Any settings needs to be adjusted?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,341 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 194 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 216 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 113 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 155 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,556 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 380 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.