Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CA count in Sleepy head and sleep hygeine
CA count in Sleepy head and sleep hygeine
Hi all...

I am gradually getting my OAs down to a fairly "normal" rate..Some nights 3 or 4 ...However my CAs in SleepyHead are prone to huge spikes.
144 last night, and I feel horrible today. It looks like I have a couple of these nights where they are around 30 or so, but mainly I have a CA rate in the 90 - 150 range.

I am trying to understand what is different about those real bad nights compared to the relatively good ones.

I have been taking a sleeping medication (Zopiclone), finally could not stand not sleeping at all...but I don't want to continue with it as it is very habit forming.

The tech where I got my equipment considers my OA issue under control, and does not think I actually have CAs...

So this leads me to other sleeping issues, and I guess I am going to have to figure it out on my own, I have no sleep doc, and cannot get a referral to one, my condition is not serious!!

I am on a list for a sleep study, but that could be a while, there are none available for purchase in my city/country...

I am thankful I don't have to satisfy an employer at this time, I can't imagine having to work feeling like this...

Onwards...

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CA count in Sleepy head and sleep hygeine
Just my opinion; but I suspect the Zopiclone.
It's similar to Lunesta which is sold in the USA.
Works on the GABA receptors like a benzodiazapine.
Can you cut back your dose?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2014, 02:38 PM)justMongo Wrote: Just my opinion; but I suspect the Zopiclone.
It's similar to Lunesta which is sold in the USA.
Works on the GABA receptors like a benzodiazapine.
Can you cut back your dose?

Hi Mondo..

I have only used it for one week,
I was like it before the drug, did not take any last night...

But I think I will stop it now and bite the hygiene bullet...

Thanks

SW
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you in auto or manual mode? What are your pressure settings? Flex?

Be sure and look at your flow rate waveforms and see how long and how serious the central events are.

By the way, are the apnea numbers you're giving the total for the night, or the hourly average numbers?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2014, 06:18 PM)archangle Wrote: Are you in auto or manual mode? Manual

What are your pressure settings? 10 fixed

Flex? No

Be sure and look at your flow rate waveforms and see how long and how serious the central events are.

Will do...

By the way, are the apnea numbers you're giving the total for the night, or the hourly average numbers? they are nightly totals

Thanks

I will check the flows....

Storywizard

Post Reply Post Reply
Story, also check out your leaks. In particular what is going on when the CA's occur. Your DME might think they are not true centrals because of a high leak incident at the particular time. Also, just for drill, try to avoid sleeping on your back. And/or prop the head of your bed up some. You wouldn't think either of those things would solve central problems, but once again there is something going on that has caused your DME to feel they are not centrals.

Finally, if all else fails, you could (shudder) call your DME and ask him/her why they think these are not centrals.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all..

This is last night....no sleeping drug, drifting in and out of very light sleep...
http://www.mediafire.com/view/nw4i488l5 ... 20Zop.jpg#

This is with Zopiclone, slept but felt terrible...
http://www.mediafire.com/view/68sfks8u5 ... clone.jpg#

With Zopiclone on Aug 25
http://www.mediafire.com/view/olgtyaa7w ... clone.jpg#

I am wondering if I am just too sensitive for the machine, in that it keeps me awake??

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='storywizard' pid='81716' dateline='1409593549']
Hi all..

This is last night....no sleeping drug, drifting in and out of very light sleep...
http://www.mediafire.com/view/nw4i488l5 ... 20Zop.jpg#

This is with Zopiclone, slept but felt terrible...
http://www.mediafire.com/view/68sfks8u5 ... clone.jpg#

With Zopiclone on Aug 25
http://www.mediafire.com/view/olgtyaa7w ... clone.jpg#

I am wondering if I am just too sensitive for the machine, in that it keeps me awake??

Wondered if this was better posting??

[Image: Aug31noZop_zps0207f535.jpg]

[Image: Aug28zopiclone_zps19c5003b.jpg]

[Image: Aug25Zopiclone_zps87a3cc8b.jpg]

Story

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Story, I'm getting a "file has been deleted" message from mediafire.

Try again? Or maybe attach to your message here?

Mostly whenever you change something it takes some days (or nights in this case) for everything to settle down. So one night off the drugs is not enough to make too many conclusions or even get a lot of sleep. But I would like to see the results.

Edit: Just saw you changed your post....... Yeah, that's better....
Post Reply Post Reply
I can see why you didn't sleep all that well Story... I would check with my Doc about those CA's, but I'll be they're a result of stopping the Zopiclone. I do not know much of anything about meds such as that. My inclination is that once the body adapts to not having it, the CA's will ease off. But again, I don't know. Check with your Doc.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  ResMed Air 10 can't count CaptainEven 6 281 03-02-2024, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 560 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  Still Sleepy? HotdogFriendo 4 374 01-15-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHI, compliant but still sleepy jamwin 2 342 11-30-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: jamwin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.