Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CA count in Sleepy head and sleep hygeine
RE: CA count in Sleepy head and sleep hygeine
(09-01-2014, 03:39 PM)retired_guy Wrote: I can see why you didn't sleep all that well Story... I would check with my Doc about those CA's, but I'll be they're a result of stopping the Zopiclone. I do not know much of anything about meds such as that. My inclination is that once the body adapts to not having it, the CA's will ease off. But again, I don't know. Check with your Doc.

here is an image from the beginning of CPAP use...no sleep aid June 27

[Image: June272ndday_zps001aab9f.jpg]

S

Post Reply Post Reply
Slept 4 hours last night, woke, could not go back to sleep, took mask off, got up...still awake, lol...images below...strange

[Image: Sept1_zps7076423a.png]

[Image: zoom_1_zps139fcbff.png]

Where did all the CAs go...

I am thinking it is getting off the Zopiclone and Naproxen??

Maybe I need a break for a few days??

Seeing regular doc tomorrow, will press for a sleep test, will pay out of pocket if I have to...

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you are probably right about the meds. It's good that you have a doc visit tomorrow. Maybe he can shed some insight on this too.

But yes, anytime you do anything, especially quit taking meds as you have, then it's going to take some days for your body to calm down.

p.s. Print some of this stuff out to take with you to show him.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ahhh, the miracle of visual presentation....

Took laptop along to dr, she took one look at the graphs and the rest as they say was history...
She faxed a triage request to our only sleep lab in town, gave them some data from my Sleepyhead...
Have a referral emergency to respirologist and an ENT doc...we shall see what happens, but she is clearly worried that I
am in the shape I am...

Thanks again for all the help...

Taking a few nights off the machine, slept well last night, 4 hours, bathroom break then another 4...
no problem falling asleep, exhaustion does wonders for that..lol

all the best,

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't talk about numbers of apneas, talk about nightly hourly averages. (AHI, CA, etc) It's too confusing otherwise.

Your numbers aren't that bad as numbers go. We'd like better, but they're not terrible.

Turn your pressure down. See if your CA's go down and OA's go up. You often have to strike a balance between the two.

Try the Flex. It could help your CA, or make it worse. Give it a try.

Don't panic over the word Central. Central apneas are still just apneas. They're just harder to eliminate than obstructive apneas, not necessarily more damaging. Do be sure to look at the waveforms and see how long they are.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
So...

I have had 4 nights off of the machine, sleeping really well...couple of bathroom breaks per night, no trouble falling asleep again...getting 7 - 8 hrs sleep
I see the sleep lab October 27 for a 30 min consultation with a sleep doc...

My question is: as I am sleeping so well, so far, should I stay off of the machine? I have a pulseox, could check my oxygen levels...

I see an ENT doc beginning of October, no word on the Respirologist yet...

Looking forward to another good night's sleep

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Story, I think we know from what you've posted before that you have Sleep Apnea. Not using the machine is not going to change that. You might be sleeping well but if you're apnea is going untreated you are definitely at risk. Frankly, if you are diagnosed with apnea, I think it's medical malfeasance to not be treating you. If that is what a doc has advised, I would get a second opinion right now.

I do not want you drifting off to that long good night even if you are "sleeping well."
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2014, 08:11 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Story, I think we know from what you've posted before that you have Sleep Apnea. Not using the machine is not going to change that. You might be sleeping well but if you're apnea is going untreated you are definitely at risk. Frankly, if you are diagnosed with apnea, I think it's medical malfeasance to not be treating you. If that is what a doc has advised, I would get a second opinion right now.

I do not want you drifting off to that long good night even if you are "sleeping well."

It was the Sleep Tech to suggested I go off the machine for a while, I think she found my symptoms confusing, as I do...

So how do I balance feeling like I am dying on the machine, with feeling better not using it...?

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're a sleep tech or a sleep doc and you find a patients symptoms "confusing" and thus suggest they quit treatment? That is not someplace I want to go.

"Gee whiz Mr. R_G, I see you're still having periods where your heart acts up even though you are on the meds. Let's quit taking anything and see what happens."

You need a new sleep tech.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2014, 08:55 PM)retired_guy Wrote: If you're a sleep tech or a sleep doc and you find a patients symptoms "confusing" and thus suggest they quit treatment? That is not someplace I want to go.

"Gee whiz Mr. R_G, I see you're still having periods where your heart acts up even though you are on the meds. Let's quit taking anything and see what happens."

You need a new sleep tech.

I agree, seeing sleep doc in October...just trying to figure out what to do...
Thanks for the input...

Story

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 164 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  ResMed Air 10 can't count CaptainEven 6 281 03-02-2024, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 559 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  Still Sleepy? HotdogFriendo 4 373 01-15-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHI, compliant but still sleepy jamwin 2 342 11-30-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: jamwin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.