Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CA count in Sleepy head and sleep hygeine
RE: CA count in Sleepy head and sleep hygeine
uggg

Back on machine, with Oxymeter...first part of chart uglier as I was falling asleep...very tired this morning, yawning and spacey
will do this for a week...

[Image: Sept6event_Oxy_zpsc9cf07ac.jpg]

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
How long until you see your doc? I'd call and ask to get moved up if at all possible. Also, if it were me, since you felt like you slept better with no machine at all, and most of your events are CA's, I'm thinking I would drop the max pressure to 9 and see what happens. Then maybe to 8.5.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2014, 11:21 AM)retired_guy Wrote: How long until you see your doc? I'd call and ask to get moved up if at all possible. Also, if it were me, since you felt like you slept better with no machine at all, and most of your events are CA's, I'm thinking I would drop the max pressure to 9 and see what happens. Then maybe to 8.5.

I see the Sleep doc for a consult on Oct 27...long time, I am on the cancellation list..

Have changed my pressure to 9...will give it a go for a few nights...

Thanks for the reply, I am a high maintenance CPAPer...ThanksThanks

Storywizard

Post Reply Post Reply
decided to go back to my original starting pressure of fixed 6...
ugggg!

Horrible night, reminds me that whenever my pressure was changed I would react like this, will try at this pressure for another night, unless guided otherwise..
The break at 1:30 was bathroom, did not fall asleep again...3am I had had enough, took mask off...drifted in and out of sleep...up at 6am..

[Image: Event_Oxy_zps3af8811a.jpg]

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Decided to take back machine, will wait to see sleep doc in October. Sleeping well, oxygen levels are better that when on machine. And it feels sooo wonderful to get restful sleep.

Whatever is wrong, along with OSA, needs that sleep study, so one day at a time I will be patient...

Thanks for all the help...

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2014, 04:52 PM)storywizard Wrote: Decided to take back machine, will wait to see sleep doc in October. Sleeping well, oxygen levels are better that when on machine. And it feels sooo wonderful to get restful sleep.

Whatever is wrong, along with OSA, needs that sleep study, so one day at a time I will be patient...

Hi storywizard,

I suggest you request an ASV titration. This is an overnight lab titration which will test whether an ASV (Adaptive Servo Ventilator) class of machine (such as Philips Respironics System One BiPAP autoSV Advanced or the ResMed S9 VPAP Adapt) would be able to treat both your obstructive and central apneas, and allow you to reach deep restorative sleep.

Good luck.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with Vaughn. I have Central apnea and my machine is the S9 Adapt ASV. Seems to me that you have way too many centrals.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  ResMed Air 10 can't count CaptainEven 6 279 03-02-2024, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 559 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  Still Sleepy? HotdogFriendo 4 373 01-15-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHI, compliant but still sleepy jamwin 2 341 11-30-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: jamwin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.