Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CA episodes?
CA episodes?
Do I need to be concerned about CA episodes? My AHI's are usually below 1.0 but I don't know what the Clear Airway at 0.0 means when I get it. Also should I be concerned about Central Apnea episodes - should I get an Oximeter also?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CA episodes?
As far as CPAP's go, Clear and Centrals are the same. Your question requires more information from you like; When do they occur in your sleep session, what is their duration and how far apart are they. If you are having a CA of 0.0 that would mean that you're not having any.

I would highly recommend that you consider downloading SleepyHead for a detailed view of your sleep data.

Here is the link to the acronyms:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms
For more information, please visit the Wiki pages (link at the top of the page)

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2015, 05:27 PM)Koobie Wrote: Do I need to be concerned about CA episodes? My AHI's are usually below 1.0 but I don't know what the Clear Airway at 0.0 means when I get it. Also should I be concerned about Central Apnea episodes - should I get an Oximeter also?

With such a low AHI, you certainly do not need to be concerned about a few CA events, and I wouldn't bother with an oximeter. CA events can easily occur when you are awake, or transitioning between sleep and awake states. They may be very short in duration and not a risk for desaturation. Above all, they are NORMAL at the level you're experiencing them. There is nothing you can do with machine settings or anything else to completely eliminate them. Your therapy efficacy is extremely good at less than 1.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CSR Episodes txrpls 5 718 05-15-2022, 09:55 PM
Last Post: StevesSp
  How common is it to suffer episodes of delirium from sleep deprivation? NoddingHacker 4 918 05-10-2020, 05:16 AM
Last Post: ardenum
  Help w/Cheyne Stokes Respiration episodes last night anakranism 8 1,563 09-25-2019, 09:13 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Violent episodes! bebbles 6 1,601 10-12-2018, 07:11 PM
Last Post: kilowatt
Surprised [Treatment] Clear Airway Episodes Creeping Up Sheepish 13 3,292 03-27-2018, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Ron AKA
  Not showing episodes on sleep report Tinylinda 5 1,619 07-18-2017, 05:48 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Are Occasional Episodes of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration Reason for Concern? Melman 5 2,102 02-27-2017, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.