Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CA events related to masks
CA events related to masks
Hello all,

It has been a while since I have posted anything.  My doc has still not prescribed a new machine.  I am using a Resmed autosense 10 VAuto and trying to find settings that work.  My CA events have trended down of late, the problem lately is aerophagia.  I have noticed that different masks have a different relationship with events.  My preference is a Resmed Airlfit 10.  My events tend to be high with that mask, but its great for side sleeping.  The mask that works the best to control events is the Resmed Mirage Liberty, but not a great side sleeping mask.  I think I know the reason for the event difference, but feedback would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CA events related to masks
idk why the difference between masks. do you change the mask setting when you change masks?

the solution for aerophagia is usually to reduce pressure as much as possible. that also tends to reduce ca. you might need to keep your epap settings to stave off oa so a logical first step is to reduce ps. but if you're looking for setting advice, best to post some charts.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like to hear your thoughts on why Resmed P10 has higher events than the Mirage Liberty. Your last therapy thread showed you had some clusters of OA and some CA that varied quite a bit. I don't really have any insights into different AHI with different masks because I have always used the P10 since it came out, and used similar nasal pillows before that. I know you use very high trigger sensitivity setting and that is the best trick in my bag for low-level CA with the Vauto.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

I have slightly changed the setting up slightly when I went to the hybrid mask.  The reason for that is my asthma was acting up a bit last night.  I will try and post screenshots, the screenshot with the lower events is wearing the Resmed hybrid.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is your altitude and why did your doctor deny ASV?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My altitude is 7400.  I probably have not pushed hard enough for the ASV.  My primary did finally get me to a pulmonologist, but I did not meet with the doc, they pawned me off to a NP which was very disappointing to say the least, it took two months from the time I scheduled the appointment to actually seeing the NP, which was useless in my opinion.  I have a phone followup in a week.
Post Reply Post Reply
Time to push about 1,000x more for ASV. Looks like a big fail with a trainwreck of CA there. I don't think the mask has a thing to do with it, it's the wrong PAP therapy. Get on the phone with your Dr. Dolittle and tell him or her it's time to fix this mess now. It's not going to change until the machine is swapped.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have both a therapy onset central apnea problem and live at an altitude that is associated with making this problem worse. Unless you plan to relocate below 5500 feet or even to sea level, you are going to experience this issue. I don't think you have a pulmonary or neurological issue. We have seen this in many many members. All you need is a trial on ASV at default settings and this will all be resolved. I don't even think a titration study will identify the problem unless the lab is at 8000 feet MSL. You have the proof in your results. Ask for a trial rental. When the problem is nearly 100% resolved, it will be an eye opener for all, and less money will be spent.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
"I have slightly changed the setting up slightly when I went to the hybrid mask."

in the vauto's "my options", first screen, second from the bottom, you'll see 'mask'. it can be set to pillows, full face or nasal. make sure it's set to the type of mask you're using. idk how much of a difference it will make but it's there for a reason.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
So, just heard back from my doctor and they want me to do another titration.  They already have all the information from my sleep lab and separate titration studies.  Is there a way around this, maybe an online doc or whatever?

Fed up in Colorado!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and CA events liebano 2 54 8 minutes ago
Last Post: liebano
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 15 426 38 minutes ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,407 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 121 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 182 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 273 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.