Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CA events
CA events
My treatment has been going good finally, but I am always trying to tweak it and make it the best it can be.
Lately, for the last month I have been having CA events, only 2 or 3 a night, but sometimes up to 23 seconds. I haven't had any obstructive events except 2 or 3 in a whole month. I have had a few HP events.
My AHI has been below 1 for at least 3 months now.
My pressure I have been using is fixed at 11 with epr set at 3. No changes in 4 months.
If I want to tweak some more, which way should I go to try to get rid of the CA events, or should I just ignore and be happy with the results I am getting?
Not sure if I need more pressure, or less, or if EPR setting change might help.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CA events
With what you are telling us, I would ask "just how are you sleeping?" if you respond with a positive comment: great, fine, fantastic. Then I would say you are done! celebrate! enjoy! relax! breathe!

I am pretty stable at 2-7 CA's a night. Now if they start getting longer, then I would watch them and if it keeps getting longer, then I would check them out.

Sleep well!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers sound fine, but if your concerned over the couple CA's you have, the only thing I might recommend is changing the EPR from 3 to 1. You probably wont notice a difference in breathing, but if you do, set it to 2.

Note: You don't want to raise your pressure as that may trigger more CA's.

With an AHI under 1, you are doing well.....it's how you feel at this point.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The first 6 months was bad, I was waking up probably 15 times a night.
Now I wake up about 3 times. It's getting better.
I still wake up tired, but getting better all the time.
It's been very slow progress for me. It will be a year in Nov.
I never sleep without it. The mask seems kind of normal at this point.

I will try changing EPR and see if that changes anything.
The quest for 8 hours of straight sleep goes on.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 351 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 268 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 178 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 269 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 772 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.