Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CA's - Just some questions
CA's - Just some questions
I have been on the A10 for near 9mths now with AHI between 0.4 to 3 most of the time. Whilst the sleep study had only 1 CA when I started on the blower I generally got 3-5 CAs during the night that ranged between 10-26 sec.

Reading older threads I noted that many people initially experience this with the CAs eventually subsiding as the body gets used to CPAP.

Now nearly 9mths in my CAs have started to pick up a little where I might still only have around 5 a night the majority are upwards of 20-30sec in duration.

So, whilst this would not appear to represent anything significant I am surprised the incidence of CAs rather than subsiding, started to pick up. Looking at the flow charts it also seems my breathing seems "nomal" and not cheynes stokesish. I tend to take a larger breath before I stop breathing but when I recommence I don't take a large breath but rather continue where I left off.

Just curious whether I am obsessing or whether this is something people think I should care about?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CA's - Just some questions
My feeling, and it is just my feeling. Not an educated guess or any thing else..just a feeling. My feeling is that as far as the length of your CAs, you may be on the edge of something that should be brought up with your doctor. If it were me, I probably would let it run for a while and keep my eye on it. If it did not subside, I would bring it to my doctor.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 162 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 267 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 309 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 467 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,602 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 358 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.