Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CA vs OA events and O2
CA vs OA events and O2
Hi All:
I'm a new CPAP user with some basic questions. I've installed Oscar and it seems to work well with the Resmed Airsense10 CPAP device. In the oscar waveform there are events labeled OA, and CA for Obstructive Airway and Clear Airway.  Can someone point me to how to interpret these events? 
Thanks Brad
Post Reply Post Reply
Why does my O2 drop with CPAP?
Hi Again:

I'm a new CPAP user and I also have a recording O2 Oximeter. I thought that when I got the CPAP my O2 levels would stay high, bit it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference in the number of O2 events if  I use the CPAP or not. My events are mostly labeled Clear Airway in Oscar.  I guess my question is does this mean the CPAP is not working for me? 

Thanks, Brad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CA vs OA events and O2
Hi Brad, I merged your two threads as they are kind of related and I think we can address your questions in a single thread. There are a number of threads linked in my signature. The best ones to help with your first question is the Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead/OSCAR. There is a lot of information in that wiki on how to interpret the wave-forms. There is so much information on this, that you may have to narrow down your question or post a closeup of the wave-forms (2-minute segment). Instructions on organizing and posting charts is also linked in my signature.

Your oxygen saturation is dependent on a number of factors, and can be influenced by CPAP settings. We really need to take a look at a chart to see things like your settings, respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, flow limitations, etc. If your SpO2 events correlate to CPAP respiratory events, we can address that, but if they seem to occur spontaneously we would have to investigate possible reasons.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 331 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 263 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 116 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 174 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 267 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 762 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.