Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CAN MY AHI INDEX GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS?
CAN MY AHI INDEX GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS?
        My minimun pressure is set at 12 and my max pressure at 14. My last readings  are now allways below 5 after the minimum pressure on the Dreamstation APAP was adjusted to 12.

The question is can my AHI index still go down below 2 or just leave the pressure as is?

I feel much better than  before than the AHI readings were averaging 7.2

Please take a look at the attached file.

Thanks very much.
Jose
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CAN MY AHI INDEX GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS?
Please find your 'Flow Rate' chart and expand it around three or four events that show as coloured vertical bars in the upper chart.  Post some examples of what your flow rates look like and we might be able to tidy up your settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Mesenteria:

Attached are the expandede flow charts. Hope I understood well.
The other question is: Should I keep the Dreamstation Optistart off or turn it ON. I have been using on OFF until now.

Appreciated,

My best,

Jose

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
getting there, you know what an EKG looks like when you get a physical? Click on some points on your chart until it looks kind of like that, We are looking foe 2-3 minutes of breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello: I hope I understood this time  better.

This is what I got.

Thanks,
Jose

Post Reply Post Reply
Almost there. We want to look at segments that are 2-3 minutes in length where we can see the individual wave form. I can already see the flow limitation where the inhale is much shorter than inhale. Bien venido.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello: I guess this is what you meant. Please take a look..
Appreciated,

Jose

Post Reply Post Reply
Jose, your Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP at 12-15 cm is doing a pretty good job of stopping obstructive apnea and hypopnea. This is what it is designed to do. I think you would do a bit better increasing the minimum pressure by 0.5 to 12.5. There is quite a bit of flow limitation in these results that we can't address without bilevel pressure support, but you are getting pretty close to the goal for AHI. How does your therapy feel to you?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much: With the factory set up (pressure from 4 to 20) I was getting normally an average of 7.2 and sometimes I feel ok, others mild depression or difficulties in concentration for instance crunching numbers in an excel spreadsheet. After the adjustments in pressure normally I daily AHI of less than 5, normally between 3 and 4.5.
Do you think I will be better off with BIPAP? or is Ok stay with the Dreamstation APAP?

I live in Honduras, Central America and sleep medicine is very limited and most doctors don't know much about, maybe a few. I am also an active sleeper and use a Mirage Activa Nasal mask wich seals pretty good. I will try a new N20 that I recently ordered and is coming soon from the USA.
In my desesperation to solve my mild depression-low mood.I ordered 6 months ago a Dreem band, but I have not been able to get useful data because I have not found a way to make it compatible both headwears, I mean the nasal mask and Dreem. I hope with the N20 nasal mask the problem will be solved.
Appreciate very much your time and this is very important for me because I know realize my mood-quality of life is very, very sensible to my quality of sleep.

Thanks very much for your time.

My best
Jose
Post Reply Post Reply
If you go to bilevel look for a Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto. All Philips machines are slow to respond to these kinds of events, and with flow limitation it is much better to have bilevel than CPAP. The Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset CPAP actually can deliver bilevel pressure with up to 3-cm difference between inhale and exhale pressure. This directly support your respiratory effort and reduces flow limitation, snores, respiratory effort related arousals, and hypopnea. If you can get a Resmed, it is almost always better than Respironics. I know it can be difficult and expensive to change machines in your country. Your events are okay, but your sleep could be better. With the Philips Dreamstation, the only option we have is to increase pressure, and that is my recommendation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  [Pressure] Improving CA Index InertToxin 1 434 07-08-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: InertToxin
  Vibratory snore index of 242! How does Philips Calculate VS and VS2? gwatuk 22 3,079 12-07-2021, 04:02 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Central Apnea Index of 2 Yet Dreaming of ASV Sleeper396 2 667 09-13-2021, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeper396
  NRAH: Non-Responsive Apnea/Hypopnea Index verysincere 1 652 03-31-2021, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What is SpO2 Drop Index' cmcphee 1 2,227 10-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Question on sleep titration study -- arousal index, uars dcg494 19 2,788 12-28-2018, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.