Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CAN MY AHI INDEX GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS?
RE: CAN MY AHI INDEX GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS?
Higher EPAP min to cut the OA events. You are at 9.0, and need more minimum pressure. If you are comfortable with current pressure add 1-cm. If you don't tolerate higher pressure take smaller increments. Otherwise, it looks good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2020, 05:18 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Higher EPAP min to cut the OA events.  You are at 9.0, and need more minimum pressure.  If you are comfortable with current pressure add 1-cm. If you don't tolerate higher pressure take smaller increments.  Otherwise, it looks good.

Hello: Increased EPAP to 10 and the PS to 5. Please take a look at a recent night and please tell me where to make more adjustment on EPAP or PS or both? 

I am still sore of confused with EPAP and PS relationship, because I have been all the time with auto cpap where thI e only concern was to adjust pressure and control leaks. The intention is to optimize bipap usage.

Please take a look at the attached night where I slept quite a bit.

My best,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
How comfortable is therapy like this one in the OSCAR data? You still have some obstructive and central apnea events, but the overall AHI is 3.66 so this represents medically treated. So we need to know if you rested and feel good for the therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello: About the same results in AHIs as when I was with the Auto Dream station CPAP and pressure at 13 with EPR at maximum or 3 in that machine. 
I feel about the same as with the Dreamstation, and have the feeling I can improve a little bit more, but don't know how.

Because I dont understand the rest of the benefits in the current bipap as probably better flow data, I feel about the same, only that with the Dreamstation feeled like I did more effort somehow. Difficult to explain.

Any advise?

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check the setting Trigger and set it to High if it's not there now. See how that helps with therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The chart you posted shows EPAP min 9.0, PS 5.0 and max pressure 18.

Try EPAP min 9.6
PS 4.4
Max Pressure 18
Trigger Sensitivity: High
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello: I did the adjustments you recommended and set the Trigger Sensitibity to High. Definitelly improved. Atttached the results of the last 3 nights.
I noticed that the machine has adjustment in Trigger Sensitivity up to very high.

Do you recommend leave it there or still can improve a little bit?

My best and appreciated very much.
Jose

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
My opinion is to work on leaks somewhat. Especially if these are causing disturbances. It may be a mask strap adjust issue or a mouth leak. Events are within the treated threshold of below 5 AHI so it's still adjust only if you don't feel a benefit for the use of the machine.

Above all, only take on adjusting anything if you are not comfortable and gaining rest. If you are comfortable stay with it as is. Best wishes it's doing well Jose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much. If I rise the Trigger Sensitivity from High to VERY HIGH can help?

Thanks for your help.

Best,
Post Reply Post Reply
Not having used the setting myself, I don't know if it might help. I see on your OSCAR currently shows some Obstructive apnea, so it might not be as helpful as the change from Medium to High trigger was.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  [Pressure] Improving CA Index InertToxin 1 434 07-08-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: InertToxin
  Vibratory snore index of 242! How does Philips Calculate VS and VS2? gwatuk 22 3,081 12-07-2021, 04:02 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Central Apnea Index of 2 Yet Dreaming of ASV Sleeper396 2 669 09-13-2021, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeper396
  NRAH: Non-Responsive Apnea/Hypopnea Index verysincere 1 653 03-31-2021, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What is SpO2 Drop Index' cmcphee 1 2,227 10-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Question on sleep titration study -- arousal index, uars dcg494 19 2,790 12-28-2018, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.