Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CAs] How long Before CAs Diminish?
RE: [CAs] How long Before CAs Diminish?
Thank youse for your help and opinions Smile Smile
Can I clarify what you mean by clusters though, AI? Snore clusters, or event clusters?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2018, 05:35 PM)Doza Wrote: Yeah I was wondering about that.  I wonder how high I'll end up having to go if this keeps up though. 

It is a bit of a tradeoff. At some point you may find allowing some snoring is better than putting up with higher pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2018, 06:22 PM)Ron AKA Wrote:
(04-04-2018, 05:35 PM)Doza Wrote: Yeah I was wondering about that.  I wonder how high I'll end up having to go if this keeps up though. 

It is a bit of a tradeoff. At some point you may find allowing some snoring is better than putting up with higher pressure.

Yes, I'll have to just suck it and see.
Post Reply Post Reply
Clear as mud. With collar.

[Image: ZLQVQMMl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing to keep in mind with this is that the "For Her" version of the AirSense 10 is a bit different than the standard one. From the Clinical Manual:

"AutoSet for Her mode

AutoSet for Her mode is based on key aspects of ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm and delivers
therapeutic responses tailored to the characteristics of female OSA patients.
The AutoSet for Her is similar to ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm with the following modifications:
 Reduced rate of pressure increments designed to help prevent arousals.
 Slower pressure decays.
 Treats apneas up to 12 cm H2O and continues to respond to flow limitation and snore up to
20 cm H2O."

So, when you see pressures going up above 12 cm it is not to address obstructive apenas, only to address flow limitations and snore.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Ron Smile Mine is set to plain old Autoset, I think. Can't remember whether I'd turned it back to Her a while ago.
I've also just realised that the other thing that's changed is that I'd stopped filling my water chamber several weeks ago because I didn't notice any difference in comfort, but it's only since then that I'd been waking with a dry mouth in the night.

I slept without the collar last night and yep, leaks again. And an AHI over 3. Bugger. That'll be a thing, then. Unless dry air (no passive humidity) causes one to suddenly start opening their mouth after months of not opening their mouth, that is.

The good news is that my Dreamwear arrived today. I've already performed cranial acrobatics with the mask seal test going and it's sooooo lovely and comfy. Can't wait til tonight to try out a whole night in it.
I had to giggle a bit when I couldn't find any hose in the bag... then realised I wouldn't need one! And the shock of finding the mask slip right over my head and around my neck before I realised I could adjust the back strap. LOL
Wish me luck for a comfy night Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I think SleepyHead may show what the machine is set at. However I find SleepyHead does not always get those details right, and I check the machine directly to be sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning!
No leaks.  No collar. 
Drools, which under recent circumstances, is a great sign.  Means my mouth was open, but it wasn't getting dried out by mouth breathing. And for the first time in six months, going by the wrinkles in the mirror, I slept flat on my face for a time.
Dreamwear, I think I love you. 

[Image: k6GV8sTl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] long desaturations Mshull 4 164 04-16-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 266 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Long story short chronic 5 421 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 583 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 248 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 654 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 7,093 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.