Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Low AHI but still unrefreshed
RE: Low AHI but still unrefreshed
How is your caffeine intake?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2020, 01:02 PM)weiss27md Wrote: How is your caffeine intake?

Hi I usually have 1 coffee 1st thing and then around 5-6 cups of tea during the day and maybe some Pepsi Max in the evening.

I've just started the following to see if it helps, I'm going to stick with this for a month to see if it makes any difference:-

Just 1 coffee 1st thing when I do the gym around 5:30am
No further caffeine all day including any pepsi max
No food after 6pm

Hopefully this will make some difference
Post Reply Post Reply
Be prepared to have headaches for up to two weeks after (mostly) an abstinence from caffeine.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you taper down there should be few headaches. Or I've heard the best supplement is phenylalanine which is the precursor to tyrosine. Supposed to help with withdrawals. I tapered down to less than 100mg a day and even that low will produce withdrawals symptoms. I'm very sensitive to caffeine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unrefreshed sleep with cpap. Epiglottis collapse. stathisf 5 705 09-03-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  CPAP Adjustments - Waking Unrefreshed climbercpap 10 1,824 07-13-2020, 02:46 PM
Last Post: climbercpap
  Still waking up unrefreshed, chest tiredness/tightness, knees bent up MyronH 4 1,391 01-05-2019, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Matt00926

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.