Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CBD oil - data doesn't lie
CBD oil - data doesn't lie
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've been on the forum and I just wanted to share something that has made such a difference for me - good quality CBD oil. I don't know exactly why it helps with sleep apnea episodes, but something to do with it's relaxing properties makes it a game changer for me. I've attached the data from my CPAP prior to taking CBD oil and the data from when I started taking the CBD oil every night religiously. You can see a vast improvement in the stats and I can tell you that my quality of sleep is so much better. 

I know it looks like I was starting from a pretty good place prior to CBD with an AHI of 2, but the quality of my sleep was really not very good. Since taking the CBD oil, the quality has improved markedly - and if you look at the stats, an exact halving of AHI and Flow Rate Limitation - you can imagine the difference that can make regardless of where you are starting from. I struggle with a lot of muscular tension in my legs which I think was exacerbated by the sleep apnea and visa versa, which created a feedback loop which was really frustrating. The CBD oil has really helped with that loop, but even if you don't have muscular tension, I highly recommend it. Apparently you need to be diligent in checking the source of your oil as there are some dodgy players on the market and it's pricey. 

The other thing that has really helped me from the muscular tension point of view is doing deep stretching using the ROMWOD app. Again, if you suffer from restless legs, or muscular tension in your legs especially, then the combo of CBD oil and doing deep stretching like with the ROMWOD app have really changed my world. I also take Magnesium with passion flower at nights, and that really helps too. Anyway, I just wanted to share this information in the hope that it helps someone else as it has helped me. It can be a long, hard and lonely road dealing with this condition and I still have my nights that are not great, but overall things have improved massively for me, and I can assure you, I was at the lowest of the low points, so there is always hope and solutions. 

This forum is great, I have been helped so much by it, so just wanted to share my findings. I think most people on this forum know that sleep apnea is most of the time, only part of the sleep problem picture, there is so much complexity around sleep and even if you 'fix' the sleep apnea, there are other things that need looking at, and for me, CBD oil and some of those other remedies have been instrumental. I have some other things that really help that have already been talked about on this forum including using a soft cervical collar when I sleep (another game changer) and also using an Intake nasal dilator to open up my nasal passages.

Anyway, I'll leave it there, please let me know your thoughts. Best of luck to you all, know that you are not alone in this journey, and no matter how much you are struggling, you will find a way to better sleep. Take care.

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: CBD oil - data doesn't lie
Im sure it’s better than a lot of the over the counter poisons out there.

What dosage works for you?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Cartab - I take 4 drops under my tongue each night an hour or two before bed. Also, I should point out that the stuff I use does NOT have THC in it.
Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmmm - I have a bottle lying around somewhere so will definitely look it out and give this a try ...may I ask the strength of oil you use? - there are so many choices!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I actually have no idea sorry, clean skin product, but apparently good quality
Post Reply Post Reply
I knew people that would smoke so they could sleep. Back then, when weed was illegal, they were concerned about addiction, but it's used medically these days so it seem more accepted and people don't have to stress out about it?

I wonder if it's good or bad for sleep if you depend on weed to sleep? Personally, I try not to associate any medication with sleep so I end up not depending on it for sleep, but we all don't have that luxury. Some of us need sleep meds. I have relatives that do.

I always wanted to try CBD for it's calming effects. My nerves can get the best of me sometimes. I know for a fact that THC has bad effects on me, but if it's just CBD mainly, I should be good.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smoking anything leads to lung disease.  The very act of oxidizing the material produces gases, tars, and particulate matter. They enter the alveoli and corrupt them over time.  You'll have COPD or emphysema.  Might take a couple of decades, but it will happen. They're also reporting memory loss in people who are chronic users.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
If not against the rules, can you post which CBD oil you use?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm afraid I see the CBD oil controversy - and it is indeed controversial - in much the same light as many other politicised issues these days. It is almost impossible to find useful and truthful information about it, in much the same way that information about Ivermectin was hard to get. For that reason, every study claiming efficacy is matched by another that says it doesn't work. In fact, a recent meta-analysis of 25 CBD studies concluded it did not work. I'm sure there will be a corresponding study saying the opposite ...

I remain convinced that the whole promotion of CBD as a medicinal aid it driven largely by, well let's just call them the usual suspects, as a means to secure the widespread legalisation of marijuana, which in turn is being used as the thin end of the wedge ahead of the legalisation of other 'recreational' drugs.

For me, the evidence that marijuana has been politicised is demonstrated by the media's determination to play down or even hide the catastrophic mental health problems related to the use of 'wacky baccy', especially among young people. It is usually promoted as a drug that promotes calm, chills the user out and helps everybody get along. In reality, it is strongly correlated with poor mental health, crime and violence. It is an almost universal finding, quickly swept under the carpet, that many/most perpetrators of terrorist attacks and mass shootings are known to be marijuana users. That may or may not be true, or perhaps not true to an extent that's significant, but the fact that it is almost NEVER mentioned in news reports gets my antennae twitching. Why isn't it talked about? As usual, sometimes we have to note what isn't talked about in order to understand what's going on. In the case of marijuana-driven shootings, my guess is that fact must be hidden so that the total focus is gun control and gun control only.

One of the best sources of such information has done a lot of research into this, even lobbying the UK Government to look at his findings (unsurprisingly, they have so far declined to even read it). His name is Peter Hitchens, a UK journalist, author and all-round clever dick. Well worth a read if you find the subject interesting.
Post Reply Post Reply
Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. jamesdavis79 0 318 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: jamesdavis79
  [CPAP] CPAP doesn't seem to be helping - any suggestions? SevereSnoring 6 505 03-14-2022, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Low SpO2 but CPAP doesn't react - high altitude sleepfatigued 10 627 01-18-2022, 04:30 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  insurance doesn't cover supplies JenniferJuniper 11 828 11-21-2021, 01:15 AM
Last Post: cathyf
  Data to Sleep Doctor vs OSCAR Data Abletree 6 781 11-05-2021, 12:48 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  ENT doesn’t recommend Fullface mask, why? koala1 16 880 06-08-2021, 01:05 AM
Last Post: koala1
  PR Dreamstation CPAP Pro doesn’t have auto trail Goose 5 579 04-10-2021, 09:09 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.