Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CBD oil - data doesn't lie
RE: CBD oil - data doesn't lie
The data can lie, which is why we have placebo controlled double blind studies with a sample size greater than 1.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
As in a lot of things, your results may vary.

My wife uses a CBD cream (no THC) that has helped her quite a bit with pain management. The drops did absolutely nothing for her. I think she had a little bit of placebo effect at first, then nothing.

Out here in AZ we have medical weed and recently passed the recreational as well. I know a couple of folks on the regulatory side and they mentioned if you are going to use CBD oil, get it from either a dispensary or a place that is linked to one. The reason is because they are sold there, they must comply with the higher standards of the dispensary system.

Personally CBD does nothing for me.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
CBD does nothing for me either. IMO it helps many people through a placebo effect but even then it's over-hyped.

i have issues with RLS/PLMD for which pharmaceuticals have failed. I exercise well, typically jogging for 20 minutes a day at the age of 63, but generally don't accompany that with stretching exercises. I'm intrigued by ROMWOD and may give it a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
I take CBD oil for arthritis pain, and it does not make me sleepy, but my doctor suggested I take it at bedtime, because it makes a lot of people quite sleepy. 

Individual reactions to CBD oil vary widely, so you have to experiment to determine what dosage works best for you. There are guidelines on the Web for starting out using CBD oil for arthritis pain, as a sleep aid, etc.

In North Carolina, CBD oil is widely available at health food stores and farmers' markets. State regulations vary. If it's ok with your particular state, you can order CBD oil by mail from a variety of producers. I order from Broadway Botanicals in NC.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
The problem with CBD oil, at least for me and many others I have talked to is that it lowers your esophageal muscles (wrong term I am sure) and causes heartburn and GERD which in turn wakes people up and robs people of sleep. Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. jamesdavis79 0 313 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: jamesdavis79
  [CPAP] CPAP doesn't seem to be helping - any suggestions? SevereSnoring 6 505 03-14-2022, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Low SpO2 but CPAP doesn't react - high altitude sleepfatigued 10 626 01-18-2022, 04:30 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  insurance doesn't cover supplies JenniferJuniper 11 828 11-21-2021, 01:15 AM
Last Post: cathyf
  Data to Sleep Doctor vs OSCAR Data Abletree 6 778 11-05-2021, 12:48 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  ENT doesn’t recommend Fullface mask, why? koala1 16 878 06-08-2021, 01:05 AM
Last Post: koala1
  PR Dreamstation CPAP Pro doesn’t have auto trail Goose 5 577 04-10-2021, 09:09 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.