Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CENTRAL APNOEA
RE: CENTRAL APNOEA
I am slightly confused reading through this.

If am understanding this correctly you were previously on medication that can cause centrals, you discontinued the medication and your central apnea went away.

Since then you have been using pillow style masks and your AHI was regularly below 5 but recently it increased to 10+ for an unknown reason, the majority of which you claim are central although in the examples you posted I see a mixture of both central and obstruction as well as a mess of other issues like leaks etc.

You tried switching to a full face mask and your AHI reduced back below 5 and you are trying to understand why that might be. Is that correct?

When answering this post up some recent, typical FFM OSCAR graphs so we can get an idea of what your current treatment looks like.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Me too. Confused. Very.

I suggest we drop the previous post which is about drug related Apnoea.

And I get the impression that contributors are not understanding the subject which is described in the the opening post. 

If, therefore, this is unclear I can try to clarify it.

Thank you for your input so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
So Pedrx my summary was correct?

As mentioned it is worthwhile to see one typical, recent FFM results before attempting to determine why the results are now different.

The main idea is likely a mouth breathing issue that has got worse for some reason.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Central Sleep Apnea diagnosis, Ontario veteran JanaS 9 170 Yesterday, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Physiology of "treatment emergent" central sleep apnea desaturator 38 765 01-17-2022, 11:44 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  [Equipment] Central Apnea gbbarrie 22 391 01-17-2022, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Wheel357
  Central Apneas alva360 10 368 01-17-2022, 04:57 PM
Last Post: alva360
  Central Sleep Apnea / Auto CPAP Trial without Study TheMightyPotato 30 826 01-10-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  [Symptoms] Emergent Central Apnea - 1 week in with Wellue SleepU SleeperAwake21 10 287 01-04-2022, 05:29 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Central Sleep Apnea cruzer43 28 923 12-20-2021, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.